Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikerags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 08:44 AM
    "Popping noise" coming from mini-split AC unit
    We have an "AllStyle" brand mini-split AC in our bedroom. It's about 1.5 years old. It works fine, except about a month ago, it started "popping" and "cracking"--making it virtually impossible to get a good night's sleep! The sound is like that of plastic-on-plastic expanding or contracting (because of the temperature change), but it's never done this before. We called an AC repair guy, but he said he couldn't do anything about it, except replace the whole unit. Of course, they charged us for the trip anyway.

The units cools fine--but the popping noise is driving us crazy! Any advice?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 14, 2007, 08:52 PM
    This is one you will have to open up and dig into because the problem cannot easily be found. Noises are hard to locate sometimes but if you look long enough inside the unit you will find the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using "Studor" mini vent in bathroom wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am completely renovating a bathroom in a 1973 mobile home. There is no vent stack from any of the toilet, tub or lav fixtures. I plan to install the "Studor" vent in the wall. Can I use one vent for two fixtures or does each fixture need it's own vent?

Split with my girl, she needs "space" [ 24 Answers ]

OK, I know there's loads of questions on this subject but I just need a little more help with this... I was with my girl for 8 months and everything was great apart from the fact I never saw her as much as id like. Here's the background She's 30, has two kids and works full time. When we 1st got...

"Beeping" noise occurs from furnace area [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Miller furnace in a mobile home. For the past two or three weeks, we've heard an occasional "beeping" noise coming from the attic area just above the furnace. It sounds like a back-up warning from vans but not as loud. It occurs about every five or ten minutes. I cannot locate the...

Appliance hook-up "wall unit" [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard of a new product that is used for washer/dryer installation. It is a concave "wall" that replaces drywall. The "wall" has appropriate hook-ups for the washer and dryer venting. Purpose of the wall is to make appliances sit closer to the exterior wall, make installation easier and...

Periodic "gushing" noise in main water line [ 1 Answers ]

In my basement, the main water line comes in through one of the basement walls. I don't think I've heard this before, but periodically, I hear water rushing noises coming from the line. When I go down to the basement, it's like water is rushing in, stopping, then rushing in, etc... Could be...

View more questions Search