Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bubba01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 08:17 AM
    9 month employment contract
    Does the fact that you are a school employee, with a 9 month employment contract that has to be renewed each year, hurt your ability to prove discrimination?
    The job is still there they just replaced me with another person. No write- ups, no bad yearly evaluations, nada! I never had to punch a timeclock.. had an annual salary which was based on hours I was supposed to work.. they claim I took a few extra minutes on my lunch break a couple of times was why they didn't renew my contract. Seems like they're grasping to me
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2007, 08:19 AM
    First, its not a good idea to start different threads over essentially the same issue. So keep it to one thread.

Second, You haven't send why you think you were discriminated against.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba01
    does the fact that you are a school employee, with a 9 month employment contract that has to be renewed each year, hurt your ability to prove discrimination?
    Hello Bubba:

Your contract has nothing to do with your present case. All you've said so far is that they think you eat too much. Chubby people can be fired for being chubby. Chubby people aren't a protected class.

However, you now say that you haven't even been fired. It's just that your contract isn't being renewed. That's a LOT different than being fired.

Which is it? (Ahh, I see that you didn't say you were fired – just that you lost your job…) Ok, same difference. You need to prove discrimination.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Month to Month contract [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everybody, I am in a month by month contract. The owner is going through foreclosure but I think that it is in the beginning stages. He will not give me any information as to who the lender is. First of all, do I have to continue to pay him rent even though he told me that he is surrendering...

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

CA - lease ends, becomes month-to-month with no contract? [ 4 Answers ]

I signed a lease that expired on March 31, 2007 that says: 30. Expiration, Tenancy From Month To Month: Upon expiration of the Term of this Lease, but not upon the earlier termination hereof, this Lease shall continue as a tenancy from month to month unless either Landlord or Resident gives...

View more questions Search