Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjws Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Running water sound
    Even when the cut off valve is turned off to the toilet I still get the sound of running water, but can not see water running.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 14, 2007, 07:55 AM
    You should check the flapper inside the tank. It is likely leaking water into the bowl so you can hear it but is runs down the inside of the bowl so slowly it is hard to detect. Leave the stop cock closed for a day and see if the level in the tank drops.
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Sep 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Another easy check is to put some food dye in the tank, if it is leaking it will show up pretty quick in the bowl.
    Sound travels a lot in plumbing so I would shut off all the water in the house to see if there is a leak somewhere else that you can only hear at this spot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running water sound in water pressure tank [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if I have a bad bladder in my water pressure tank but here is what I have. When my submersible pump kicks on I hear what sounds like water and air mixing in the tank. The house pressure comes up to about 50 PSI and takes time to bleed down. Could I have air in the tank from the well...

The sound of running water. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to fix a water leak that is inside the wall between two bathrooms. I can here the sound of water but water meter is not or is moving very slowly.

Running Water sound from radiator [ 8 Answers ]

I read that "radiant" (ie. Heat radiates from hot water) systems need to be bled, or purged of air, usually radiators are bled once or twice per season, or as needed. I've never done mine, but now suspect I have to because of the symptoms explained below, and I want to do it myself. The...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Running water sound inside the wall [ 2 Answers ]

Water running sound inside the wall pipes going upstairs.

View more questions Search