Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kar-Bear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Is it possible to quit chewing Tobacco once you get hooked? How
    My son says once you start you are hooked for life. Is this true ? And if not what is the best way to quit?
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Sep 19, 2007, 03:03 AM
    That's not true, my brother got hooked on chew, when he joined the army. Its just like smoking but a little worse. He stopped by chewwing packs of bubble gum. Not the mint gums, but the kids bubble gum "buuble yum, or bubblishous". He said that worked better cause the pieces were bigger and juicy, and he would spit the juice out, to simulate the same actions of the chew. "werid" but it worked. He went through packs of gum aday, which is better then cans of that chew.. he liked the grape flavor. Tell him to try that. Also show him pictuers of people that had half there jaw removed due to mouth cancer. And tell him not to think that it is impossible to quit. It really is mind over matter, and will power. Always think of the negitives of chewing tobacco, when he feels he needs a dip.. and he needs to realize that quitting something is always very hard. But quitting something that is bad for your health, and can damage your future, isn't that hard once you realize your truly winning at life. GOOD LUCK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would tobacco be made legal? [ 7 Answers ]

If tobacco were currently illegal, given what we now know about the health risk, would there be any cause to make it legal? Any thoughts?

Dad addicted to pipe (tobacco) smoking [ 11 Answers ]

I really hate it when my dad smokes his pipe, he smokes it every minute of every hour!! I want to know of some way to get him to stop smoking!! :mad: can anyone tell me how to get him off it?

Quitting tobacco [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, one of my friend was addicted of chewing tobacco from last 10 years, one day he got pain so he leave his habit after leaving tobacco he got ulcer in whole mouth tongue and throat, doctor told him it's a withdrawl effect but that after taking medicine all ulcers decreasing day by day. But at...

Smoking tobacco [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently quit smoking cigarettes & as all you smokers will know, its very difficult. So in order to try make it a little easier, I have been smoking tobacco out of a hubbly at home. Its not as satisfying, but it helps. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some good flavours? I have tried a...

View more questions Search