Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Sep 14, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Why do none of my relationships seem to work?
    Every time I go out with someone all that seems to happen is destruction.
    Either they won't want commitment, or they rush into things far too quickly and quite frankly scare me slightly. What am I doing wrong? I'd rather just be seeing someone if the boundaries were clear cut. Is this at all possible?

:(
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 07:37 AM
    How old are you? What type of person are you?

Sep 14, 2007, 07:45 AM
    I'm a 20 year old bisexual girl who so far has only been out with girls.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Springgirl started a good set of questions...

I see some answers already - here's a couple more ?'s:

1) what is your relationship with your father?
    2) with your mother?
    3) have you ever been abused or violated?
    4) When did you find yourself attracted to women?
    5) What do you do for a living?
    6) What is your best friends job?
    7) What is your favorite book? Movie?
    8) What is your passion in life?

Sep 14, 2007, 09:46 AM
    1 & 2: Absolutely perfect
    3: No
    4: 11 years old
    5: Student
    6: Student
    7: 44 Scotland Street:Harry Potter
    8: Reading
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Maybe instead of a relationship you start with friends, and stay within your own boundaries, until you can get to know them a lot better. Don't be pushed into something you are not ready for.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 09:47 AM
    I don't see anything wrong in you. When someone else pushes for something you are not ready for, why wouldn't you back out? Yes it is possible to establish boundaries in a relationship. You do that in the beginning, with all the cards on the table about feelings, expectations, realiities, the need to take things slow, and to allow a relationship to develop naturally - without pressure to be one way or the other. That way no one can say later that they did not understand.

Of course, all relationships are fluid, in the fact that they change and evolve. That is where open and honest communication comes in. Maybe you find someone and life is great. But there comes a point where you are uncomfortable - that is when you talk and identify a problem and find a solution. It all takes time. I do not know why people feel the need to push and commit so fast. It is scary.

Wishing you the best. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can long distance relationships work? [ 13 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship. I'm 14 and he's 16, we've been together for 8 months. We barely ever get to see each other (4 times a year if we're lucky) and find it really hard (but not impossible) to be in this relationship. We love each other very much and our love for...

I have really tried, in my relationships to make them work [ 8 Answers ]

I am a nice girl, or so I have been told. I have been pretty successful academically as well as in my career. My biggest problem however, is that I never end up with anyone that I love. I think I can pretty much be classified as a serial monogamy dater, and in my younger years, I never dreamt that...

Can Long Distance Relationships Work? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, brief intro, met a great girl on holiday and have have seen each other now three times. We often have some form of contact whether its, text messages, instant messaging online and more rarely by telephone to. We live about 2-3 hours away, traffic dependent! Anyway, we enjoy each others...

Relationships [ 5 Answers ]

There was this guy I was going out with and we broke up back in march! We went out for about 3months. I'm not the type of person to dwelll on someone but I don't know there was definitely something about this person and I can't put my finger on it... I don't know what to do were not friends...

Relationships [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Advice, I do not know what to do. See I had this boyfriend last year. And well we broke up over the summer and here it is in May and I still miss him. I know people says it takes time. But, how am I supposed to feel when I see his with these other girls. Sure I have dated other people...

View more questions Search