Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowrider Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Sep 13, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Vision problems with new glasses
    I recently got an eye exam and my doctor actually stepped the strength of my prescription back a bit. He said my eyes were healthy with no problems.

I almost always wear contacts, and only wear my glasses when my eyes are tired or my contacts are bugging me, which is extremely rare.

I tried out my new contact lenses with this new strength prescription and my vision is just fine. No headaches, no squinting, all good.

I decided to update my frames and lenses to the new prescription as well. Here is the problem: when I put on my glasses, I almost feel dizzy. My perception of the sizes of objects in front of me seems much smaller than they really are, and I just generally feel a little lost and foggy in the head when I'm wearing them.

I brought them back to Lenscrafters to explain how I was feeling and to be sure the right strength prescription was used, and it was all correct - the very same strength as my contact lenses as my eye doctor directed. The guy at Lenscrafters was nice but he almost looked at me like I was nuts. He told me to revisit the eye doctor if the problems persist (duh!), which I will if my eyes don't adjust to the glasses.

In the meantime, any ideas as to what might be causing this or do I just need time to adjust my eyes to the glasses since I hardly wear glasses in general?
    snyders Posts: 20, Reputation: 9

Sep 15, 2007, 05:01 AM
    If you cannot tolerate them after a few days, it is unlikely that you will get used to them. You are not (necessarily) "nuts", and these complaints are not uncommon. Depending on the power needed, the contact lens power is not necessarily the same as the needed glasses power. Even if the power and lens placement are correct, there are other issues that affect visual comfort, including complex issues related to astigmatism correction and to the properties of the lens itself.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Lenscrafters is the devil and that is the reason. I used to work there and Binyon's as well... they make the lenses in less than half an hour and don't take a second look. Saving money costs. Retail eye establishments are all about the money. Why do you think their Opticians make commission, the goal is sell sell sell... GO TO A PRIVATE PRACTICE. Doctors and Opticians there are concerned about your well-being, and your eye-sight. You will get the best service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glasses [ 9 Answers ]

In my right eye I'm farsighted.. and I'm going to the eye doctor soon.. and I no he's gonan tell me that this time I need glasses.. cause I went aobut a year ago and he said I didn't need glasses then.. but come back if its gotten worse.. I had 2 notes from my school to go to the eye doctor.. and...

My PC need glasses ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the hp pavilion and the hp psc 750 printer. We installed a cd rw, which started to slowly give me freeze ups at various times and caused numerous restarts. I have since gone back to the original cd rom pending further evaluation of rewritables. Now however my computer says it doesn't...

How many glasses a day? [ 3 Answers ]

İ'm a teenager and I have a very simple question for my health: how many glasses of water should I drink during a day for a healthy body? :)

Film on glasses [ 2 Answers ]

What causes a white film on glasses after the dishwasher? How can I remove it?:

View more questions Search