Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracysunshine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Searching for mystery series
    Hello-I read a couple books in a series by a male author - can't remember his name or the book titles. The "hero" was some kind of investigator - don't recall if he was solo or if he worked with police, military or government. There's an element of occult or fantasy in the books - he battles an evil being who was trapped in some kind of human form for many years and then gets free and attempts to have evil take over the world. The hero's wife and child were murdered by this evil being. There's a lot of grisly killing. There's something about the evil character and white eyes or notably different eyes. At one point, the hero is in Romania and there's a fight in an old church... Sorry this is so vague. I remember thinking that the books were very well written and complex. The hero rescues people and knows how to fight with guns, fists, etc.
    tracysunshine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 12:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tracysunshine
    Hello-I read a couple books in a series by a male author - can't remember his name or the book titles. The "hero" was some kind of investigator - don't recall if he was solo or if he worked with police, military or government. There's an element of occult or fantasy in the books - he battles an evil being who was trapped in some kind of human form for many years and then gets free and attempts to have evil take over the world. The hero's wife and child were murdered by this evil being. There's a lot of grisly killing. There's something about the evil character and white eyes or notably different eyes. At one point, the hero is in Romania and there's a fight in an old church....Sorry this is so vague. I remember thinking that the books were very well written and complex. The hero rescues people and knows how to fight with guns, fists, etc.
    Found my answer! Author John Connolly - wrote Every Dead Thing, Dark Hollow, The Killing Kind... great books. Genre: Crime Fiction/Mystery/Thriller
    jlofritts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 11:29 AM
    You also might like books by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Searching for a movie [ 5 Answers ]

A movie (80s) with a young boy on a HAM radio in the upper northwest (or even Alaska) who is helping solve a crime.. . great, great movie.. . want to find it again.. . help, please.. .

I'm searching this Mystery movie... [ 2 Answers ]

So... Im searching a title of this film last 2 years! Aprox 2 or 3 years ago it was on TV. Movie shouldn't be older then 10 years max. Not many special FX, I think, but the story goes like this: At the beginning a group of people are playing cards or roulette. Then, there is this man, short...

Searching and searching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am constantly searching on engines such as Google and Yahoo! Etc and always when I need to come back to what I found in a previous search, I can never seem to find it again or remember how I got to it. Does anyone know if major engines have a feature that allows me to track where I...

Searching [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a song by a woman. About 5 years ago. Kind of mellow rock. Can't remember her name or the name of the song. The only thing that I remember is at the very end, instead of singing the words she says "I'm crazy like that". Or something similar. Please help!! Driving me crazy...

View more questions Search