Ask
    Christina20indy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Bonded careers
    Do you have to be bonded to be a can
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 01:42 AM
    I would think that it would really depend on what the rules are for employment at the place that would employ you. I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to show that you are bonded. It could possibly be a plus for you to show a potential employer that you are bonded.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Sep 28, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Bonds cover dishonest acts, compliance with construction codes, compliance with the terms of a contract, officials acts of elected and appointed officials, etc and so on. I have written bonds of all types since about 1983 and I have never known of a nurse to either be required by some govt entity to be bonded nor have I ever know of or been asked to bond a nurse. Nurses commonly carry malpractice insurance much like a doctor, attorney, engineer etc, either individually or by a company purchased policy but most, though not all bonds, are not contracts of insurance rather most bonds (surety not fidelity) are extensions of credit.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 04:07 AM
    RichardBondMan knows his stuff and frequently provides excellent, resourceful answers and information on this site!

And, I am not disagreeing with him. However, I do know of a situation where a Certified Nursing Assistant was caught on camera stealing things from a resident's room at a nursing home. CNA's typically work in situations where they are around some possibly precious material items that are possessed by whomever is under their care. These would be in places like nursing homes. So, having having proof that you are bonded might not be a bad idea if you already are, or plan on becoming a CNA. But, as I said in my first answer, "I would think that it would really depend on what the rules are for employment at the place that would employ you. It could possibly be a plus for you to show a potential employer that you are bonded."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New careers? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a hard time making a career choice. The one I have doesn't make enough for me and my children to survive on. I am ready to go back to school or do whatever it takes to get a better job but can't spend my whole life taking classes that I will never benefit from. Please help me make my...

Best Careers [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a new career. Is there a way for me to find the top careers. I don't want the top careers that require a lot of education. I was thinking of going to school for massage therepy or maybe being a manicurist. I know I would enjoy these things. I don't want to put all of my energy...

My careers [ 2 Answers ]

My careers is: Going to america america is a nice place aspecialy going to hollywood if any one reads this you can send me a question:) :cool: ;) :D :rolleyes: :cool:

Best careers? [ 2 Answers ]

?I am in a situation where I am noe a single mother. I am in the education field as a teachers aide and of course the money isn't enough to survive on. I am willing to go back to college but I can't spend years there. What about vocational schools? I also don't want to waste my time taking a bunch...

View more questions Search