Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:51 PM
    There is a great British horror movie from the 60's called "Peeping Tom". Its about a voyeur who kills objects of his desire with the tripod of his camera. Very psychological and I was the only one in my Horror Films class (yay college) who got all the sexual undertones.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 19, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Ring use to scare me, never saw the second one and haven't seen the first one since it came out, but the girl coming out of the screen scared me like crazy
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Sep 19, 2007, 05:05 PM
    I totally have to agree with spooky The Blair Witch was. The first time I saw it, I couldn't stop shaking or crying. The ending was so frightening for me... after it ended, my dad looked at me and said "Wanna go camping?" I just looked at him with the evil eye! The sequel was more of a weird creepy but still I found it enjoyable.
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Sep 20, 2007, 07:10 PM
    WOLF CREEK!! My friend and I could hardly bare to watch parts and kept saying to each other "it's ok it's only a movie" then at the end it says it is based on a TRUE STORY!! OMG soooooooo scary
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Well, if you are talking CLASSICS, I am surprised nobody mentioned Hitchcock's "Psycho". 900295, you should check out any of Alfred Hitchcock's movies. He is the master of the psychological thriller. Other "classics" worth checking out are The Haunting (1963), The Innocents , Wait Until Dark (Audrey Hepburn classic). Freaks (1932) is one of those movies that is hard to categorize. It is a bit creepy. Definitely worth watching. One of the weirdest movies you will ever see. There are a number of other good ones that I can remember the storyline, but can't remember the title. When I do, I will post back.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I can't believe I forgot about "Psycho"!! I love the original, and the remake (with Vince Vaughan) was also pretty good.

I also really liked Hitchcock's "Rear Window". We watched it for a Sociology class (I think) in high school; I loved it.
    kebebos Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 07:07 PM
    The original old black-and-white version of "The Haunting" is a great one. Look for the old version of the English movie called "Dead Of Night". "I Walked With A Zombie" is another old one that is very creepy. For newer ones, try "Open Water", "Demonic", "Re-Animator", "Cabin Fever", "Forsaken", "The Stepfather", and "The Dentist". And the absolute best version of Dracula ever (no kidding) - the BBC version of "Count Dracula" with Louis Jordan as Dracula, Frank Finlay as Van Helsing, and Judi Bowker as Mina - now available on DVD. Mario Bava's "Black Sunday" with Barbara Steele. And "The Howling" is a great werewolf movie. And of course, you must see "The Exorcist" and Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho".
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Sep 22, 2007, 08:43 PM
    "Chucky" scared me so badly-i only saw 5 minutes of it and I locked my door shut for a week! Also, this old leprechaun movie scared the living daylights out of me! Pretty much anything with evil dolls, leprechauns, dummies, or clowns makes me scream aloud!!
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 22, 2007, 09:47 PM
    I'm not usually scared by movies but Halloween was kind of scary to me. And one time I was watching Texas chainsaw massacre and then later that night at around 2 am I heard something outside and I thought it was a chainsaw but it was just my neighbor on his motorcycle. Lol
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 27, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Depends on what you find scary. Garfield use to give me nightmares. Try 'Experiment in Terror', the original 'When a stranger calls' and 'When a stranger calls back' 'Wait until Dark'.
    -

Sep 27, 2007, 01:10 AM
    I seen when a stranger calls.. I forgot about that one. I was home alone and it was dark when I watched it
    -

Sep 27, 2007, 01:10 AM
    So it was a little scary
    amberandfrank Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 900295
    Hi, I love horror movies but I heard that the classics are the best. Can anyone tell me some that are extremely scary that will make you wanna hide under your bed? Lol. Thanks
    Rosemary's baby, that one still scares the crap out of me
    Pet cemetery
    And that new one with the puppets I can't remember the name
    bloxingham Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2007, 01:34 AM
    I guess it just matters what you are afraid of.. me, I'm afraid of aliens for some weird reason.. hahah War of the Worlds really made me cry, and Signs, and the old one Fire in the Sky.. oh you and don't forget Alien.

Here are my suggestions

If you like:

Gore and slasher movies
    -The Hills Have Eyes
    - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Mess with your mind kind of movies-The Grudge
    - The Ring
    - The Blair Witch Project
    - White Noise
    - Se7en
    - When a Stranger Calls.. (new and old)
    - The Sixth Sense
    - The Exorcism of Emily Rose... dang I almost forgot about that one

Classics
    - The Exorcist
    - The Changling
    - The Omen
    - The Ventriliquist
    - Psycho
    - The Shining
    - Silence of the Lambs
    - The Poltergeist

Creature
    -The Decent

That's all I can think of at 2:30am lol.. if I can think of anymore I'll let you know!
    900295 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bloxingham
    i guess it just matters what you are afraid of..me, i'm afraid of aliens for some weird reason..hahah War of the Worlds really made me cry, and Signs, and the old one Fire in the Sky..oh ya and don't forget Alien.

here are my suggestions

if you like:

Gore and slasher movies
    -The Hills Have Eyes
    - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Mess with your mind kind of movies-The Grudge
    - The Ring
    - The Blair Witch Project
    - White Noise
    - Se7en
    - When a Stranger Calls..(new and old)
    - The Sixth Sense
    - The Exorcism of Emily Rose...dang i almost forgot about that one

Classics
    - The Exorcist
    - The Changling
    - The Omen
    - The Ventriliquist
    - Psycho
    - The Shining
    - Silence of the Lambs
    - The Poltergeist

Creature
    -The Decent

thats all i can think of at 2:30am lol..if i can think of anymore i'll let you know!!
    Lmao Okay Thank you
    chaosholm Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Hi, I love horror movies but I heard that the classics are the best. Can anyone tell me some that are extremely scary that will make you wanna hide under your bed? Lol. Thanks
    Hmm.. of old, I recommend the classic Dracula-movies w Christopher Lee (from Hammer Studios) 1958 - 1978, The Children 1980, Prince of Darkness (John Carpenter) 1987, The Thing (John Carpenter) 1980? - and a couple of newer flicks - Thirteen Ghosts 2001 and The Grudge I + II (the american versions are somehow scarier than the japanese). The Grudge I is probably one of the scariest movies I have ever seen...

Enjoy ;-)
    postal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 09:42 AM
    28 Days Later

28 Weeks Later

Those are good zombie movies... but to get a real treat when it comes to horror, I would emphatically recommend the After Dark Horrorfest movies. More specifically, watch:

Unrest

The Abandoned

Those are must-see! And, on a side note, it seems like those independent films are doing the best jobs when it comes to actually making people scared and not just showing me innards... woo, you cut off someone's arm again, oh no, not an eyeball hanging out (yes, I'm looking at you, Hostel)

Anyway, I hope those 4 movies I listed help scare the crud out of you!
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Juon to the jap version of the gruge 2 has got to be the scariest film I've seen in a very long time.
    bundles Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Darkness Fall is a good one.
    Dog Soldiers if you don't like Werewolves.
    One of my favorites is Rose Red It's a Steven King one that mess with your head a bit and it is a very long movie I think it goes for about 6 hours.
    I think it is the Japanize version of The Ring is meant to be a lot scarier than the English version.
    I haven't got round to seeing them yet but the Chucky movies are meant to be good.
    Best/Worst "Horror" Titles is a list of what is meant to the best and worst horror titles.
    andrea_louise Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 06:56 PM
    You should watch when darkness falls, all the nightmare on elm street movies, I'm a big fan of horror movies and I find most of them funny? These however scared the crap out of me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Favorite old horror movies [ 4 Answers ]

I'm just curious what everyone's favorite old horror movies from the 60s, 70s, and 80s are... plus I'd like to see if there's a movie someone loves that I haven't seen yet! I like many of the old movies, but I think my favorites are: 1960s: The Innocents, Carnival of Souls 1970s: The Exorcist,...

Horror movies [ 1 Answers ]

Do horror movies fall under this category ? And if so, has anyone ever seen the 1963 movie Black Sabbath with Boris Karloff ? It was the scariest movie I ever saw.

My sister is a control freak! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey my sister is like a right control freak she don't let me do anything like if she sees me with my boyfriend she tells me to break it up I can't do anything without her permission help Arsenalroxmyworld :confused: :confused: :confused:

Am I a control freak - or just sensible? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All, I was browsing through Google and I found this forum, and actually found a topic that was similar (yet not so similar to the question I had) but here is my question: I have been with my girlfriend since technically July but she went to college in Semptember in Kansas. She didn't...

I'm a freak overprotective girlfriend [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend who the first 2 years of our relationship treated me bad and lied to me however the last year and 1/2 we have been growing and he has been great however I have a hard time forgeting the past pain and am very overprotective always want to know where he is going... ect. And sometimes...

View more questions Search