Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmtiger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2005, 09:34 AM
    Bank problems
    I purchased a couple of watercraft from my father-in-law last year. I paid off the loan to the WF bank at that time, and never received the titles. Since the titles were in his name he was the one that requested the titles be sent. Nothing ever happened. Fast forward one year later, my father-in-law's company filed for bankruptcy and the BoU bank dealing with his financial matters repossessed my watercraft at the beginning of the summer because they were still in his name. I contacted my WF bank and told them what happened, and finally after 3 months they sent the titles. The BofU bank has agreed to release the watercraft if I agree to pay the storage fee accrued at the repo yard. It is now over $1500. Should I pay or should the Wf Bank pay for negligence?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2005, 11:06 AM
    Wf Bank pay for negligence
    Quote Originally Posted by rmtiger
    I purchased a couple of watercraft from my father-in-law last year. I paid off the loan to the WF bank at that time, and never received the titles. Since the titles were in his name he was the one that requested the titles be sent. Nothing ever happened. Fast forward one year later, my father-in-law's company filed for bankruptcy and the BoU bank dealing with his financial matters repossessed my watercraft at the beginning of the summer because they were still in his name. I contacted my WF bank and told them what happened, and finally after 3 months they sent the titles. The BofU bank has agreed to release the watercraft if I agree to pay the storage fee accrued at the repo yard. It is now over $1500. Should I pay or should the Wf Bank pay for negligence?

You should contact the bank and sumbit the bill to them. Do you have a copy of the letter he sent to them, if so present it to them, they will not want to pay, But you pressent it to them in the form of a invoice, if not paid in 30 days, kept sending for a period up to 90 days, if no paid... Take the mto court. Small claims.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account Judgement [ 10 Answers ]

Last week I discovered that my bank account was 0. I called my bank and they explained that I had a legal judgement against my account for debt collection. I have an appointment with an attorney later this week but cannot cash my paycheck at my bank as they will force deposit it into my account to...

Illegal bank lien [ 3 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My father, a disabled retiree, had his bank account frozen or levied yesterday. His only income is from social security, no other income. As it turns out the debt is mine, his daughter's. I was added to his bank...

Bank interest [ 3 Answers ]

The interest my bank is paying is pitiful. I have heard that there are online banks which give a much higher percentage than what I am receiving locally. How does one find a reliable bank like that and how would I get started? We invested in a Federal Agency step up note<?> which is paying 3+%...

Bank Reconciliation help [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of doing a bank reconciliation in Great Plains accounting software. However, the checkbook is very messy; checks that were dated in 2002 are still in the system. So there is no way I can reconcile, unless I have to clean up all those messes and start fresh. My goal...

SIGH why should I even have a bank? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been working for years I am 20 but I can't seem to save any money every time I put money in the bank my bills seem to suck it back out it feels almost like my bank is a big safe "wallet" how can I get out of this way of life work to be broke is this the fate of just me or do other people feel...

View more questions Search