Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gipsonav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 07:02 PM
    My entire c:\ drive is exposed on wireless home ntwk
    I just set up a wireless home network and my entire c:\ drive is open to file sharing. I only want to share one folder. I created a file sharing folder and set the properties to enable file sharing for this folder. However, I can't figure out how to disable the file sharing option for the remaining files on my c:\. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    steve55121 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gipsonav
    I just set up a wireless home network and my entire c:\ drive is open to file sharing. I only want to share one folder. I created a file sharing folder and set the properties to enable file sharing for this folder. However, I can't figure out how to disable the file sharing option for the remaining files on my c:\. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Hello,

I would go into "my network places" I bet you have a hand icon under one of your drives. You should left click on this and change the properties.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 20, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by steve55121
    Hello,

I would go into "my network places" I bet you have a hand icon under one of your drives. You should left click on this and change the properties.
    Instad of that, go to My Computer, right click on the C drive, and go to properties. There should be a sharing tab, and just select that you don't want to share those files.

As an alternative, if you want to list all the shared files on your computer, right click on My Computer and go to Manage. Click on Shared Folders, then Shared. Remove anything from the list that you don't want. I would advise leaving IPC$ shared, because if not, it might block some applications from working correctly.
    bouran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Just go t "my computer" right click on your hard drive >then go to "sharing and security">remove the tick "share this folder on the network" then go to the folder you want to share right click on this folder>then go to "sharing and security"and just put a tick in "share this folder on the network".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless Home Security Questions [ 6 Answers ]

I am a little confused so I would to know if someone here could help me out. We currently have ADT (contract expired, not extended). We are moving to FIOS and our ADT will not work so we are going to go wireless. We like Alarm.com - 100% Wireless Security Systems for Homes & Businesses for the...

Electrical Rewire a Entire Home built in 1944- 1951 ? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a inspector inspect my home to sell. He identified two prong outlets in kitchen needed to be replaced with gfi outlets. Ok done ! But also mention that several other plugs and 100 amp panel was ungrounded and not safe. Had electrian come out, he reccomened to rewire the entire home for $...

Mapping Network Drive using Wireless Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I am having major problems mapping to an external network drive when using a Wireless router. I have a load of colleagues that need to do this in their offices & a lot cant. I can do it when linked direct to my home router using network cable. (this does not really help though as I need to be able...

Oil furnace not heating the entire home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! My name is Matt! I currently work for an HVAC company. Had a question about a residencial forced hot air oil burning furnace. The burner is working just fine but is not heating the entire home properly. There is one room in the house, the master bedroom, and a small bathroom that need to be...

How do I set up a wireless home network? [ 3 Answers ]

We have splashed out and bought a 2nd computer for our grandson who comes to stay with us most weekends, and we would like to organise it so that both his PC and our PC are wirelessly linked together and can both access the internet (ours can at present, but it uses a cable supplied by NTL). ...

View more questions Search