Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tapparalegalserv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
    How do I find out whether my dad had an insurance policy?
    How do I dind out whether my deceased dad had an insurance policy
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 09:13 PM
    I am sorry about the loss of your dad.

It's true that sometimes insurance policies that people have can be forgotten. I know that when my mom died, it was discovered by going through all of her papers, that she had a small insurance policy that neither my brother or I knew about.

If you have not gone through all of your dad't papers that he had, you might want to do that. If he had an attorney, you might also want to speak with him or her. Maybe other close relatives might know? If he had a will, then maybe it is mentioned in his will?
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Sep 16, 2007, 03:03 AM
    Continue mail delivery for at least 12 months. You can change mailing address to your residence. This will capture most account information. Best wishes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Again sorry for your loss. But there is no magic way to find a policy.

You look though all of his papers and reciepts, you go though all the boxes of old papers in various places. Check our check stubs and the such.

As with my dad, he had a policy from Met that was about 50 years old, he paid it off over 30 years ago. So there was no bills coming in, I found a business card from a Met agent and just called him, he found a policy on file for dad.

Also check with groups he belonged to, places like VFW or American Legion, or unions sometimes have policies on members

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to find my dad [ 6 Answers ]

I haven't talked to my dad in 6 years. His phone number is unlisted and I have tried everything I can to find him. Everywhere I look, I think I found him, but I can't get contact info without paying a lot of money. If anyone can help, this is his info, I would really appreciate it, its an...

I can't find my dad [ 7 Answers ]

]i Can't Find My Dad On The Internet Without Having To Pay Lots Of Money Can You Help:)

Search for life insurance policy [ 9 Answers ]

How can I find if a life insurance policy exists on a recently deceased parent?

Fiancee's ex-girlfriend is his alternate trustee on life insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

Need advice! My fiancee's ex-girlfriend, who just so happens to be partner in a family law firm, is currently the alternate trustee on his life insurance policy. His mother is the trustee. I understand that their platonic friendship turned into an intimate one and they eventually became lovers....

View more questions Search