Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mara Benson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Returning empty dishes
    When returning a dish/plate/bowl to someone after they have cooked your family a meal (in the case of being ill); is it proper etiquitte to return this dish with something in it vs. empty? Thank you.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 03:36 PM
    I think it's proper etiquette to just return it clean with a thank you note.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 03:39 PM
    I would simply like to get it back! I have lost several dishes at potlucks, etc.

Clean with a thank you note is the proper way to go.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Dittoes to Kae and Em. Preferably clean and a simple thank you is more than enough. Kindnesses like that are never expected to be returned with more than that.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
    I usually return it with some home baking as in a big loaf of warm fresh out of the oven home made bread which everyone enjoys, or if time permits and my family likes, a big piece of carrot cake with cream cheese icing, but only if I know the people are not diabetics!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher, dishes come out dirty [ 2 Answers ]

So, here's the scoop. It is a one year old Kenmore, model FT1103259, that has been working fine until about a month ago. Glasses (especially) come out foggy and unclean. I use JET DRY and have changed brands of detergents, all without result. It appears that there is a filter or whatnot that...

Stinky dishes [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I run my dishwasher, when it gets to the drying cycle I get a strong odor (stinky). Even the dishes will smell if I let them stay in there to dry. I also started to notice it in my garbage disposal. Could it be my roof vent is clogged? We had a plumber come out and look at the lines to...

Dishes won't get clean! [ 3 Answers ]

We have a brand new stainless steel dishwasher and when we run it we set it to the maximum wash, plus we use Jet Dry, but our dishes (especially our glasses) just will not get clean! They always have spots and sometimes even have food or other residue. Sometimes they even look more dirty than...

Marble Serving Trivets for Hot Dishes [ 1 Answers ]

This isn't about cooking per se, but I didn't know what other category to put it in. I am looking for nice trivets for serving hot dishes (casseroles, lasagna, etc.) on the table. I have seen some attractive marble ones in some cookware stores and catalogs, but I'm not sure if marble can...

View more questions Search