Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tango21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2005, 04:07 AM
    Still cant move on
    Hi wondering if anyone can help. I split up with my ex 6 months ago. He finished the relationship, I did not want it to end. Since we have split we have remained friends and have continued to see each other often resulting in us sleeping together. He says that he doesn't want to be with me at the moment as he wants to be single but he thinks that we will eventually be together. I really do not know what to do? I just want him back as I love him so much but I can't handle waiting.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2005, 05:48 AM
    Sleeping with Ex
    Hi,
    Is this your ex husband? Or boyfriend?
    It really doesn't matter either way, because I would tell you the same thing.
    You are being TAKEN ADVANTAGE of.
    Your ex wants you in bed, but that's all!!
    If you really want to move on with your life, then STOP seeing him. You can do better, but it will take some time. Love does hurt, always has, always will, when things go wrong.
    You can get over it and him eventually. For now, don't see him anymore. Don't talk with him. Don't even be around him.
    Meet some new people, go out with someone else.
    Give your EX a chance to find what he wants; he will have to make that decision for himself. But, give him a chance.
    If he really loves you, and wants you back, he will come back to you. If not, he will go on acting like he is single; acting like a child; or move on.
    Do yourself a very, very big favor; STOP seeing this man.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2005, 12:00 PM
    Yes - You should have cut him off immediately!! You missed this chance.

You've put this guy way a head of yourself. On a pedestal. Happens all the time.

Your lover is only PART of your life, not your life. YOU NEED A LOT OF OTHER THINGS IN YOUR LIFE in case they leave - work, family, friends, hobbies, school, religion

I have a strong feeling you're too needy-clingy, too nice to this guy, always available to him - SO NOW HE TAKES ADVANTAGE OF YOU!!

My STRONG advice is to end all contact with him for at least THREE FULL MONTHS. Don't tell him. End it!! Don't tell him - just QUIT correspondence. Iam sure you call him every day, text, e-mail - too much communications KILLS ATTRACTION!!

He is using you now, he is having his cake and eating it as well - this is unaccdeptable. Unhealthy for you.

You need to date other people, maybe not seriously, but jealousy can be a factor, plus you might find someone better.

PLUS - you need to grow up learn about relationships... putting too much importance in this guy created heartache for you.

You need to change - learn about relationships. Going forward after 3 months, be less available to him - end calls early, break a date, hang with your friends.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 21, 2005, 01:34 PM
    First, how old are you? Second, is this your first relationship and how long were you together? It looks to me as if he was straight and forward with you and that he does still enjoy being with you but just is not ready to be 'tied' down yet. He maybe want's to see what he values in you without you constantly being there, to be able to miss you and make his choice. And, if you still see each other and sleep together sometimes, he might realize that you are the right one, when he's ready. Sometimes those good things come to those who wait, so be patient. If you are still young, it will probably not be the last time you'll feel this way, as most young people are in such a hurry they loose perspective. All things have to have time to grow - and if you water too much, fertilize too much, etc (get my meaning?) it burns out. How does he treat you when you are seeing each other? Is it cold and calculating? Or is there courtesy and caring? If nothing else has changed except for not 'living' together you might be in the top ten. I live downstairs from my b/f and when we miss each other we make a date, and that to me is more fun than constantly being around and not being able to be myself with other things in life I enjoy and he doesn't and we don't see any others. The 'closeness' is there, I notice this in the little things he does for me unasked for, but appreciated. And I do think about him almost all day, but I can also reflect without him getting in the way - and we are in our 50's and 60's - so it can grow and continue. It's all give and take, at the right time and place for me and not getting 'old'. Maybe this is what he needs right now. Share the things you enjoy together for now, the rest of the stuff needs getting comfortable with and not hurried. Hope this perspective gives you another choice on what you plan to do. Good Luck.

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I split up with my ex 6 months ago. He finished the relationship, I did not want it to end. Since we have split we have remained friends and have continued to see each other often resulting in us sleeping together. He says that he doesn't want to be with me at the moment as he wants to be single but he thinks that we will eventually be together. I really do not know what to do? I just want him back as I love him so much but I can't handle waiting.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2005, 02:36 PM
    I don't know Chery - I think he is taking her for granted - using her BECAUSE SHE IS STILL SO AVAILABLE TO HIM.

I think cutting him off would give him the gift of missing her.

She just sounds like this is WAY too important to her and won't let go - I bet she goes running to him when he calls.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 21, 2005, 02:51 PM
    Perhaps, but it would be her choice to make. She does sound like she was in too much of a hurry to go further in the first place. Maybe things will work out once she shows a little patience, Wildcat. One does not always have to think the worst of the opposite sex, they are just as confused and human as the other. At any rate, I wish you all luck.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Sep 21, 2005, 09:29 PM
    Cut him off!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    I don't know Chery - I htink he is taking her for granted - using her BECAUSE SHE IS STILL SO AVAILABLE TO HIM.

I think cutting him off would give him the gift of missing her.

She just sounds like this is WAY too important to her and wont let go - I bet she goes running to him when he calls.

We so often make this mistake. He will sleep with you as often as you allow him.

Will he get back with you? He may if he really genuinly cares for you... which I highly doubt. Bottom line is that he is in no way, shape, form, or fashion going to make any type of commitment to you if he does not have to. You need to cut this off. Start the healing process now. You have put it off for too long now.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2005, 12:54 PM
    YES - cut him off for now. Maybe a SHORT phone call in 3 or 4 months.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 22, 2005, 02:02 PM
    Hey Tango, after all this feedback, what do you think your next move should be? After all it's your life... Good Luck.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2005, 06:08 PM
    As much as I hate to have to say it, it sounds like he's just using you. He has his fun with you when he's in the mood, then moves on. He's even told you up front that he wants no commitment of any sort. You need to remove this person from your life. Otherwise he's just going to continue using you for his occasional piece of when he wants it. Sorry to have to be so brusque, but that's exactly what's going on here. You deserve to be treated better than this and you cannot allow people to do this to you. You and only you have the power to stop it. You are not a sex object and you have no room in your life for people who treat you as such.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

I need to move on... help [ 9 Answers ]

I have never posted anything on the website before, but for a while now I have been looking through the internet to see if anyone has shared a similar situation to myself. I found this website really helpful to read through other people problems and the sound advice that was given, I'm hoping there...

Ex wants to Move & Take Son [ 4 Answers ]

I live in CA (with my wife of 7 years, our 2 children, and my step-son) and I have joint legal and 33% physical custody of my 8 year-old son with my ex-girlfriend (even though I get him a lot more than 33%, that percentage is what is on the court orders). My ex recently married a man in the Army,...

Can't move on! [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend finished with me around 2 months ago. He has a new girlfriend now but I can not seem to move on. I have not been chasing him or trying to contact him or trying to get him back or anything. Its just I cannot seem to move on. Any advice?

View more questions Search