Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1latania Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Is this OK
    I have an 8-week old Shih-tzu and he does to not like to potty in his kenel, which is a good thing! When I leave him during the day at home I lock him up in the restroom behind a babygate with newspapers. But I notice that he will urinate on the newspaper, but he will wait until I get home to do the other thing. I don't want him to hold himself until I get home. What should I do or is this OK? I try to make his food moist because maybe he will do instantly but, that does not help. Any suggestions?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
    I hope you aren't leaving him all day. An 8 week old should be able to go 4-5 hours in a crate, but likely not all day. They also need a mid day meal until 3 months old. If you must leave him over 4-5 hours, try to find a neighbor or professional dog walker to give him a break. With a break, you can leave him in the crate and not use the restroom and baby gate. Stick to feeding dry food.

For more information see the sticky starting at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search