Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Sep 13, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Movies of half dressed women with swords.
    Ok I won't ask you to identify a specific movie, just any movie you know of from the 80ies or prior to that, which involves some sort of barbarian looking women with swords. Something similar to “Red Sonia” is what I am looking for. As a child, I remember spotting once between the VHS cassettes in the video club, a film which had on the cover such a woman holding a sword in this epic/ heroic/ fantasy way… of course my parents didn’t get it for me;) but ever since I badly wanted to watch it, but I don’t have the title or anything else related to it other that this blurred picture in my mind of the “breathtaking” cover. So if you think you know anything similar please be kind enough to share it with me. Waiting for your suggestions. Old movies only so no Xenas and the alike;)Thank you.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Could it have been Heavy Metal? The cover of that film has a woman with wild hair astride a dragon with a sword above her head.

Heavy Metal (1981) - Posters

Sep 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    Could it have been Heavy Metal? The cover of that film has a woman with wild hair astride a dragon with a sword above her head.

Heavy Metal (1981) - Posters
    That's not the cover . The woman was standing on her feet , if there were any other characters or dragons they were behind or around her, but I will get this movie anyway because I feel like watching all similar movies ,so thanks again.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:44 AM
    A lot of "barbarian" stuff came out back when Arnold first hit the scene. Good luck on finding your film!
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 27, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Rather corny but good for a laugh. Could you be thinking of the Deathstalker movies, I still cannot believe they made more than one. On the cover of the second one a scantly clad woman with a sword is standing back to back with a guy wielding an ax.

Sep 28, 2007, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabra_123
    Rather corny but good for a laugh. Could you be thinking of the Deathstalker movies, I still cannot belive they made more than one. On the cover of the second one a scantly clad woman with a sword is standing back to back with a guy wielding an ax.

That's not it, but will add it to my "to get" list. Thanks
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 28, 2007, 09:27 AM
    There was also the beastmaster movies, and conan of course.

Sep 28, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabra_123
    there was also the beastmaster movies, and conan of course.
    Have those already ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

Half bat-half man [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find the name of a movie from the 70's... There is a mad scientist on an island who intertwines animal dna with human dna... it's probably cheesy fx with costumed people. I saw it when I was a kid so I was amazed... I know there was a butterfly woman and at the end a half bat-half...

2 part movie, murderer dressed as cop or maybe was cop [ 1 Answers ]

Can't think of the name. Was a two nighter, 4 hours. Murderer had a police uniform on, so people trusted him. Remember a winnebago ( I think) was the getaway for people that had been kidnapped by bad cop. Large mean dogs also, dobermans, I think. Bad guy sort of looked like mean doc on scrubs,...

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search