Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geographymatt Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Did god create the Earth or the universe?
    And why is god assumed to have a human form - is this so that it helps us to relate to him more easily. Otherwise I don't understand why if god created the universe be would happen to be human, rather than any of the other potentially millions of lifeforms which exist across the universe.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Sep 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by geographymatt
    and why is god assumed to have a human form - is this so that it helps us to relate to him more easily. Otherwise I don't understand why if god created the universe be would happen to be human, rather than any of the other potentially millions of lifeforms which exist across the universe.

God created the heavens and the earth so yes both. God also created man in His likeness. God created everything for His glory so He is who He is. All of the references are for the book of Genesis for your reference
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Sep 13, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Both:
    "In the begining God created the heavens and the Earth." Genesis 1:1

The universe is part of the earth.

God didn't essentially make himself in human form. Jesus was his son. He was sent to die for our sins.

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, becasue he will save his people from their sins" Mathew 1:21

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High."
    Luke 1:32

Does that help?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 13, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen2grace
    Erm... other way round actually! Lol! :D
    geographymatt Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2007, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen2grace
    Both:
    "In the begining God created the heavens and the Earth." Genesis 1:1

God didnt essentially make himself in human form. Jesus was his son. He was sent to die for our sins.

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, becasue he will save his people from their sins" Mathew 1:21

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High."
    Luke 1:32

Does that help?
    Yes, the most useful comment was that god made humans in his own form, which makes sense, not too sure about your universe being part of the Earth comment though.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Human beings have very limited intelligence today, and more so thousands of years ago! If you notice, the model for GodAlmighty is not only human, but a dictatorial father who focus' on punishing his children for misdeeds.

"Our **father** who art in heaven....
    "Thou shalt not... (and so on)

Einstein put a lot of thought into the idea of God. (His idea was not at all like GodAlmighty) You might enjoy reading what Einstein's thoughts were. :)
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Sep 14, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Human beings have very limited intelligence today, and more so thousands of years ago! If you notice, the model for GodAlmighty is not only human, but a dictatorial father who focus' on punishing his children for misdeeds.
    "Our **father** who art in heaven....
    "Thou shalt not.....(and so on)

Einstein put a lot of thought into the idea of God. (His idea was not at all like GodAlmighty) You might enjoy reading what Einstein's thoughts were. :)

Choux, could you please support your suggestion that God is... (empahsized above in bold)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 02:35 PM
    and why is god assumed to have a human form - is this so that it helps us to relate to him more easily. Otherwise I don't understand why if god created the universe be would happen to be human, rather than any of the other potentially millions of lifeforms which exist across the universe.
    God is not human in form,nor like any of the created beings.

Sep 14, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Comment on Choux's post
    God isn't sitting in Heven with a magnifiying glass and spiteing us for every bad thing we do. He forgives us for our sins if we repent.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Grace, those 2 things do not logically follow from each other. If I make a hat, and the hat is in my house, does that also mean I made the house? Of course not.

Sep 15, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Yeah your right. Ill just stick with he made everything >_<
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:23 PM
    We are told we are made in the image of God thus we assume he means that he also has a similar form. God took human form in the person of Jesus Christ and died to attone for our sins, thus it is reasonable we should represent him in human form since we have no evidence he carried out any similar act anywhereelse in the Universe, or that other than earthly lifeforms exist anywhereelse in the Universe.

God created both the Earth and the Universe
    speakez66 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 11:28 AM
    He made us in his image, with the power to speak a word and create, love, etc. created in our likeness not two arms and walk erect. We are more than our body.
    stuntmangt Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 07:08 PM
    He doesn't; He's just kind of portrayed in that image. You know, like an old guy with a really long beard sitting up in Heaven on His throne, watching us like little ants. It is also to help us relate to Him more easily; you're right. He did create the universe, and also, he decided to make us in His image, not some "potentially millions of other lifeforms."
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 23, 2007, 03:39 AM
    God has no known form. It is neither male nor female, nor anything in between. God is absolutely nothing like anything in the creation, It is utterly incomprehensible to humans. The God made us in his image thing is an anthropomorphic egocentric thing. If apes could think on a level with humans their view of God would be an apelike being like they have on Planet of the apes. Similarly with dogs if they could think on our level, or any other animal.
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 31, 2007, 03:23 PM
    In actuality, God created his Son, Jesus. Through the Bible, specifically in the book of Colossians the 1st chapter, we are told that Jesus is the means by which all things apart from himself (and his father) came into existence. Clearly, God empowered Jesus with the ability of creation. Ultimately, however, the creative power came from God, and thus God is rightly attributed as the Creator and Maker of all things, including heaven and earth.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 31, 2007, 04:06 PM
    God created everything in the first six days. We are created in His image, which means we are capable of holding the same characteristics He has, Love, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Self-Control, Joy. We have a fallen nature from sin which keeps us from these attributes unless we are redeemed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big Bang & Ages of Earth/Universe [ 16 Answers ]

Has modern science proven the ages of the Universe and the Earth? Also, has science retreated on the theory of the Big Bang, or do most astronomers still hold to this theory?

Big bang & ages of earth/universe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a friend who claims that the earth is only 10,000 years old. He also says that the Big Bang never occurred as modern science says it did. Is there any "proof" of the age of the earth at around 4 billion years old? Also, is there any scientific "proof" that the Big Bang occurred...

Across The Universe [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name to the song that he starts singing at the very biggening "is there anyone going to listen to my story, or about the girl who came to stay?" Here's the link to the trailer MySpaceTV: Across The Universe Trailer by Nugeman :) Thank you soooo much

The Expansion Of The Universe [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Nathanael Turner, I am 15 years old so my analogy may not be 'correct' but you get the general picture: My Question: 1)Will the universe carry on expanding for an infinate amount of time? OR 2)Will its mass eventually cause it to impload under its own gravitational...

The Universe [ 3 Answers ]

Is the Universe symmetrical? I know it's contantly expanding, but are all sides expanding at the same rate?

View more questions Search