Ask
    blanca_pineda07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Interview ?
    What are salary requirements
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 08:39 AM
    How much you want to make... I normally leave this as "negotiable".
    Old_Fart Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2007, 10:35 AM
    I was once asked this as the first question on a phone interview. That spoke volumes about the kind of company it was, and I resonded with "That is an inappropriate question at this time." At that point I knew that both of us have written the other one off. Fortunately, I was not despirate for a job. If this should ever happen to me again I might ask a second question, "May I speak to your boss?"

This is a tough question because the answer depends a lot of when it is asked. If it is asked early in the interview process, then you can beg off with a, "I still don't know enough about the job and the responsibilities to be able to answer that question."

If asked towards the end of the interview process, this response won't work since you should have done you homework and asked the right questions to know enough about the job.

I give them my standard speech, "I'm going to make a decision on accepting this job based on how well I like it." Then I generally give them a salary range and qualify it with, "depending on the benefits package. How much do I pay for insurance and what do I get for it? What does the 401K structure look like? How much vacation will I get? Are there any other monentary parts to the compensation package such as bonuses, stock options, profit sharing, etc. I just can't quote a flat salary."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to ask an employer in an interview. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a phone interview scheduled next week. I have searched topics on this, but only found questions such as "what kind of questions to employers ask potential employees in an interview". Now I may have missed something; however, I'm at work so have to keep this on the down low...

Interview in helpdesk [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to go for a help desk interview (application support) and I wanted to know what kind of questions will be asked in the interview,as it is my first interview for helpdesk I would really appreciate a quick answer as I really need to prepare for. Thanks Summit

Interview [ 1 Answers ]

How do I answer an interview question asking me to describe my network trouibleshooting skills? :confused:

View more questions Search