Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eian81 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2007, 07:57 AM
    This single life is it foreva?
    Its must be about 3years since I've had a serious relationship now and I'm starting to think that its not meant to be for me to have that type ov relationship. Most ov my friends have girlfriends and it is sometimes upsetting for me to be left without that part ov my life!. I isn't no brad pitt I know that but I'm kind and would really care for the right girl!. thats if I get chance!. im 26 by the way... :confused: it does get lonely sometimes!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Well what have you done to try and meet new people? Do you feel good about yourself? Do you feel like you have a lot to offer someone? Are you happy with your life?

Sometimes we inadvertently hold ourselves back. Sometimes we think that we aren't deserving of a relationship or keep thinking "I'll never get into another relationship" it then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Its really easy to give into the negative thinking and feel as if you will be alone forever but if you take no chances you get no rewards you know? You have to be willing to put yourself out there and take risks.

Where have your friends met their girlfriends? Do any of those girls have any friends that they think might be a match for you? I'm of the mindset that looking for a date is like looking for a job. You reach out to all your contacts and let them know that you are looking. You never know what you might find by doing that.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Yoyo! Ok your in a rut perhaps. Well its probably about time you made some changes to your life. What's your job? Can you meet more people there? Can you go on more work do's?

Try social networking more, i.e. Meet mutual friends.

Start some new clubs, go to the gym, try some new sports, go travelling, go on a singles holiday, be spontaneous, get your confidence up with public speaking and or confidence building courses. Try adult education, learn a new langauge. The world is full of possibilites, try and take some. The key is to be happy and independent alone. A partner extends your happiness does not make it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

Finding the transition to single life a little tough, after a recent break up [ 1 Answers ]

So, if you are unfamiliar with my story, you can check out the link below to my original thread https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/torn-between-love-anger-96059.html. Here is where I am at right now: It's been a while since I have talked to my ex. But, I still find myself putting...

How come single men fall for emtional games from single women but not married ones? [ 75 Answers ]

Okay this was brought up in another post by Wildcat. I didn’t want to take away from the original poster but this has been on my mind all day and I just want to get some other feedback on it. The OP was a mistress and as WC points out we’ve been seeing a lot of that here lately. Here’s what WC...

Trying to change a single pole light switch to a single pole swith with a light below [ 5 Answers ]

I have a kitchen light and a basement light that are together in one electrical box, but are on single switches. I purchased a "single pole switch and pilot light" combination so I could see easily if the basement light is on. In the box there is a black, red and white wire. For the single pole...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

View more questions Search