Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Sep 12, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Note in the Mail
    Been a while...

So I went to this restaurant recently, on sort of a night out with my Mom... Just fun because she had a gift certificate to this place that was supposed to be pretty tasty so, we figure, why not go out and catch up a little? The waitress is pretty cute, but I don't really think anything about it as I'm just there to enjoy the evening with my mother (it'd been a while since we'd seen one another). I order the shrimp fired rice and am disappointed to find a rather extreme lack of shrimp, fried rice and vegetables in it. There's a comment card in the check and I figure, what the heck, I've never filled out a comment card before and this seems like a prime opportunity. I'm not overly critical (and mention nothing of the waitress), merely saying that considering this is supposed to be spicy shrimp fried rice with vegetables a person would actually expect there to be some of those ingredients in the meal (especially considering that the entrée is almost 20 bucks). The card asks for my name, address and other what not and being a diligent sort I fill the sections out completely. We pay for the meal with the gift certificate, whatever left over for tip, and go on our merry way.

I really don't think anything about it for several days until, hey presto, I get this little card in the mail. It's off the restaurant's stationary and was written by our evening's waitress. The content:

"It was a pleasure serving you this evening. Come back again soon! : D"

So, I'm not sure, is she just being polite because I filled out a comment card or is this a not so subtle invitation to come buy some evening and invite her out for a drink? I'm thinking the later, but I'm curious what the peanut gallery thinks.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 10:12 PM
    I'm thinking it is part of her job to write those to every customer that fills one out... LOL... but you could always go back and test out your charm;) :D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Go back and see if she recognizes you. (Don't order the shrimp fried rice though.)

I would think the owner/manager/chef (not your waitress, since it wasn't directed toward her) would respond to your comment card--maybe with a gift certificate. In fact, I'm guessing she copied down your information before she turned in the comment card and wants to see you again.

I love your writing. You are very droll.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank You Note [ 5 Answers ]

My son is writing his High School Graduation thank you notes. He is a boy of few words:) Almost all of his gifts were cards with money enclosed and he is planning to put all toward a laptop for college. In each of his notes he has thanked them for using the specific amount they have given him...

Thank you note [ 1 Answers ]

What is an appropriate thank you note for a donor who donated money to our organization too late and we're unable to list in our honorary program?

Great Auto Response mail for Employee Suggestion mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As part of HR, I take care of the Suggestion Committee which encourages employees to post their suggestions through mail. The ideas are chosen after a period of 1 month by a pre-designated Committee. For every suggestion, we have to give a positive, motivating response in our...

Thank you note [ 2 Answers ]

How do you properly write a thank you card to reverend

View more questions Search