Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorite Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Introduction Letter Details
    Hello I would like to get some detail pointers on how to compose an introduction letter about our company and inform potential clients about our medical billing services that we offer. We are a new medical billing and coding company that is presently offering free service to senior citizens to assist them on how to understand their medical bills they receive from doctors offices. We have an excellent billing/coding and insurance network. Our team consist of 30 years of experience. This is a way to introduce ourselves and spread out name along with our slogan, "DoRite do it right, because billing is our business". We are requesting some details for an introduction letter and looking forward to hearing from you.

With regards,

J Davis
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Approach the letter by asking yourself the 10 to 15 top problems/needs that your prospects/clients have in their business.

Take these and come up with 2 or 3 (mandatory; 2 or 3) solutions for each of the 10 to 15 problems/needs. Possibly you have a new computer program that will expedite, correlate,
    And anticipate. A personal messenger to deliver priority items, etc. On-going educational training for new and advanced for "old" (I'm "old" so I can say that) staff members with your company. From these 30 to 45 solutions pick the 3 or 4 most important to include in your letter. Save the rest for other sales solutions.

Once you have the answers/solutions to these items you now have the basis for your intro letter.

Always remember, EVEN IN SALES, ON THE PHONE OR IN PERSON satisfy the customer first and foremost and good things will happen for them and for you.

Always; TCB

Start by asking a prominent question in the first paragraph; get their immediate attention. One that you all agree is a problem almost all of you prospects are having. With 30 years of experience this should be a "no-brainer." I don't know; a particular type of bad service problem, accuracy, mistakes, and so on, just guessing? Give your solution to this problem.

Put yourself in the mind of your prospect (always). Believe it or not all of their problems are actually emotional problems that are satisfied by emotion relief. You are their solution to these problems and needs. Buying is an emotional thing, yes even in business. Solve the obvious problem and you have solved their need. "YOUR JOB IS TO MAKE THE BUYER LOOK GOOD, TO HIS SUPERIORS AND BY SOLVING HIS PROBLEMS. By purchasing your service you are telling him he can rest assured. This takes control and separates you from the herd.

Talk very briefly about your experience, location, number of people working to be of service to him, but very briefly. Every other company is going to be trying to sell him on how great they are; how long they have been in business, their experience, how much they do in annual sales, etc. This actually means little to your prospect aside from him being confident in you. You will be different, your only and primary purpose is; making his life easier by solving his/her problems (period).

REMEMBER keep it simple (S) and brief, very important; most don't have time nor do they really want to read advertising mailers. This is very true!

Don't get cutesy hit the points directly using as little verbiage as possible. In the last paragraph you may ask them to call you (give a personal name and phone number direct to a living person.) and tell them that you will follow up in one week by calling them. Too often after a letter like this is sent out nobody follows up, it's like they expect them to come break down your door? Some might, however again most won't. When you call, make sure you are speaking to the right person who will make the decision to buy your service. Talking to anyone else won't do it. All they will do, if you are lucky is place your letter in the "in-box." Most will go in the "round file." The return on intro letters is possibly 2 to 3 % if you are lucky. The return % increases if you follow up properly-that is for another lesson.

This may sound like a sales letter to you and that is exactly what it is. An intro letter that simply advises them that you exist, where you are located and that you do what a hundred other companies do---is so 1970's. And will get you nowhere today, buyers are much more learned and savvy they have been conditioned; the web, billboards (shouting buy, buy, buy---now), t.v. commercials every 10 minutes, they want direct solutions-you must be ahead of the curve-YOU ARE THEIR ANSWER!

Keep me advised;

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dorite
    Hello I would like to get some detail pointers on how to compose an introduction letter about our company and inform potential clients about our medical billing services that we offer. We are a new medical billing and coding company that is presently offering free service to senior citizens to assist them on how to understand their medical bills they receive from doctors offices. We have an excellent billing/coding and insurance network. Our team consist of 30 years of experience. This is a way to introduce ourselves and spread out name along with our slogan, "DoRite do it right, because billing is our business". We are requesting some details for an introduction letter and looking forward to hearing from you.

With regards,

J Davis

I just wanted to thank you for including so much information in your question! I'm sure that it really helped Stringer in answering it!

Sometimes, people don't include enough information and then we have to go asking them for it in order to provide an answer that is the most satisfactory.
    Business Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I just wanted to thank you for including so much information in your question! I'm sure that it really helped Stringer in answering it!

Sometimes, people don't include enough information and then we have to go asking them for it in order to provide an answer that is the most satisfactory.

"Clough agrees: Excellent answer!!"

Thank you Clough, what are you doing up so late? I'm going to hit the sack it's 3:25 am and I couldn't sleep. I've got two meetings tomorrow starting at 10am going to be a loooooooooong
    Day my friend.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Originally Posted by Stringer
    Thank you Clough
    You are most welcome!

I am usually up late spending way too much time on the Internet. Part of the problem is that I am entirely self-employed and most of the business that I am doing for people right now is projects for them that I have brought to my own home. I also have gigs that I need to practice for, also doing that in my own home. Except for tonight, (Wednesday night!! ) when I travelled to Peoria to practice jazz with an incredible, seasoned trumpet player for a gig that we have in Chicago later this month.

I choose my own hours. Sometimes, I do need to get up really early though, depending on the schedules of the customers.
    Business Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    You are most welcome!!

I am usually up late spending way too much time on the Internet. Part of the problem is that I am entirely self-employed and most of the business that I am doing for people right now is projects for them that I have brought to my own home. I also have gigs that I need to practice for, also doing that in my own home. Except for tonight, (Wednesday night!!!!) when I travelled to Peoria to practice jazz with an incredible, seasoned trumpet player for a gig that we have in Chicago later this month.

I choose my own hours. Sometimes, I do need to get up really early though, depending on the schedules of the customers.
    Love the Jazz part, it never developed into anything special but I've always loved to sing. Only in the shower now. Started in church at 4 years old, bands in high school, helped pay the way in college and cut a few demos during college also. Loved it, helped meet the girls and actually helped me in sales; being in front of people.

Don't want to get off the subject on this thread but email me; what is it that you do?

Stringer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Introduction letter [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company?

Introduction letter [ 2 Answers ]

The company I represent is a new corporation "International trade" We need help to write an Introduction letter in order to present ourself as a new company. Can you please help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Introduction letter [ 4 Answers ]

How to write an introduction letter

Introduction Letter [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to find how to write an introduction letter? I don't know if it's the same thing as a cover letter but that's why I am asking. Thanks

Letter of introduction [ 1 Answers ]

I am an interior designer with 20 years of experience. I am looking for a letter of introduction

View more questions Search