Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Sep 12, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Why do people always mention about diseases?
    Okay, why does every time I hear about a girl or boy, mostly girl who wants to have sex at a young age, knows everything about the diseases and stuff, and her man even want to use a condom, something always comes up about diseases? Like.. If she's talking to an adult..

Her man is using a condom, she is not doing oral sex, but still she gets lectured about diseases. Why is that?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Because young people tend to forget that their can be consequences to sex. Condoms don't protect against everything and they are not 100% effective.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Sep 12, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I wouldn't say forget.
    I'd say the just turn their face away from it and don't think it'll happen to them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 08:24 PM
    And will say to each other, "The condom just doesn't feel right, doesn't feel natural. This time let's not use it. Everything will be ok. Just once."
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 02:10 AM
    Sex is also not a thing you want to rush into, find someone you really like get tested and then use a condom.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 02:29 AM
    I agree with all the above post,sometimes I think people are not afraid enough of the diseases that you could possibly get from a sexual encounter.

And I agree with Skrypt, some just assume that they will not get the disease even if thousands of others have had it because of the same reason.
    Some of us like to think we are immune or that our sexual partner will tell us if they have a disease(most may not even be aware of having a disease until the symptoms show up).

I have read of an AIDs patient (he got it from an affair and before being diagnosed) had sexual relations with his wife.Both of them went for a test and the woman is told that she has contracted AIDs because of her husbands fault/cheating.

I think it must be emphasised whether one is young or old, because these diseases makes no difference whatever age you are.

Hopingtears,
    Listen to those who talk about diseases of this nature and be careful always, it might save you a lifetime of tears.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Because most don't really "know" about STD's, they know some, but seldom know how often it happens, are far too trusting, and often don't believe it will happen to them.

Just like your post, you obviously don't take it as serious, or you would know why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mutiple diseases and conditions [ 4 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with multiple brain lesions (more than 7), more atrophic changes than a person my age should have, one mild stroke, particial complex seizure (temporal lobe). Small vessel disease, arthritis, fibromyalgia, very high cholesterol, and heart mummer, optic neuritis, acid reflux...

Family Diseases [ 17 Answers ]

I saw a post earlier about Crohn's Disease, and it made me think of a question. My mother has Crohn's Disease. A pretty bad case actually. How likely is it that me or one of my children will get it? My little brother also has Diabetes. How likely is it that me or one of my children will...

Definitions of diseases [ 6 Answers ]

What is sepsis and asphyxia

Timber diseases [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me with different types of timber defects, pest & diseases.

View more questions Search