Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hccarson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 06:59 PM
    How do I remove a one handle shower know to tile?
    Find Delta Shower Fixture, Chrome and other Faucets at Aubuchon Hardware

I am tiling my tub and I need to remove a one handle shower knob that is very similar to this link. I can't figure out how to get the handle off. I also don't know how to attach a picture of the real handle which would probably help explain my problem. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Attached Images

letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:23 PM
    The handle in the picture has a allen wrench screw in the bottom side of the handle so get an allen wrench the size of the screw and unscrew it about three turns, the handle then should twist and slip off the shaft it is on. Make sure you have exactly the same size wrench because the screws will strip out if not sized right.

I don't understand what you mean that you can't attach a picture of the real handle. The instructions I gave you may not work on another handle that you have. Let me know if this info helped.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 08:02 AM
    The picture looks like a moen positemp faucet with polished brass sleeve and pex water pipe. Pex uses black rings and pb used copper rings. Properly support your tub faucet before you close that wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove stubborn grout from tile surface [ 15 Answers ]

Good Evening. I recently laid a really nice porcelain floor in my new basement washroom. In my haste, I did not fully clean the grout off the surface of the tiles, and had not had time to go back to it for several days. This tile is not smooth and the grout has managed to lodge itslef firmly...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

How do I remove a one handle shower know to tile? [ 1 Answers ]

Find Delta Shower Fixture, Chrome and other Faucets at Aubuchon Hardware I am tiling my tub and I need to remove a one handle shower knob that is very similar to this link. I can't figure out how to get the handle off. I also don't know how to attach a picture of the real handle which would...

How to remove ceramic tile removed from concrete floor [ 3 Answers ]

There is a 3'x4' area of ceramic tile at the base of my stairwell between living and dining areas. Laminate flooring will be laid. Is it necessary to remove the small area of tile? Or, can laminate flooring be laid over it? If it needs to be removed what is the simplest way? :(

How do you remove ceramic fireplace tile front? [ 1 Answers ]

We are in the process of restoring a circ 1890 Victorian house; today’s subject is CERAMIC FIREPLACE FRONTS. The tiles used are Trent, about 3” long by 1.5” wide. There are a few missing but we have a plan that we can live with. The wall, that the tile is mounted on, has deteriorated and many...

View more questions Search