Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bramlett5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 05:13 PM
    AC Compressor fan motor wiring 3 versus 4.
    I tried the suggestion from "lemetellu" (see below) and it worked however the fan will not cut off when compressor does. Any more suggestions...

Any help is appreciated.

Motor wiring:
    Black wire: to "Line"
    Yellow wire: to "Line"
    Solid Brown Wire: to one side of Cap
    Brown Wire with White stripe. Other side of Cap

Any help is appreciated.

Bramlett5

The only thing I can tell you different is when you remove the old motor remove all of the wires from the old motor where ever they are connected. And then use the diagram above, connecting the two brown wires to the new capacitor and the black to the contactor, not on the line side but on the other side of the contactor (it may be marked T-1
    The white wire will go on the other terminal of the contactor (may be marked T-2. Leave other wires where they were.
    dpkann1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 06:57 PM

Ih have the same senerio but you say that wiring it as lemetellu said isn't correct. Hope we can find a solution to how to wire a new 4 wire motor up.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Black and yellow wire should go on the opposite end,, not the same end where the hot wires come in and connect to the contactor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ballpark for compressor fan motor replacement [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, all. A few weeks ago the compressor fan motor on our 3 ton Trane heat pump apparently died. The unit was only 4 years old, so the part was covered by the Trane warranty. However, the labor to replace the part was not covered. (For what it's worth, the model # of the heat pump is...

Fan motor wiring [ 2 Answers ]

The model is Carrier 42JS012. Can anyone tell the air-cond fan motor wiring? The are 5 wires which is Red, Yellow, Blue, Black and White. Which wire is connected to the capacitor and which is connected to fan speed? Thanks

AC Compressor fan motor wiring 3 versus 4. [ 3 Answers ]

Need wiring directions to the following mess. 3 (old motor) verus 4 (new motor) wires and different colors to boot. I have a Goodman Mfg. Compressor Model CK30 1B that had a GE P870S motor that went out. Old Capacitor (GE #97F9834) is a three plug version. GE Motor Wiring: (Blk, Brn, and...

Compressor Fan Motor keeps shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

With the AC on and running the temperature started to rise in the house. I put my hand next to the register. Air was blowing but was not cool air. I went outside and the compressor fan motor wasn't blowing. On another occasion the same thing happened and I went outside and the fan motor was making...

Wiring new fan motor [ 10 Answers ]

Just bought a new fan motor for my a/c & it has one more wire than my old one did. Need help installing.

View more questions Search