Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    devilzadvocate Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I am still in love with my ex.
    I am still in live with my ex who's now my best friend.. She wants nothing do with me anymore amd our relationship became a great friendship.. But I'm still crazy about her but she assures me nothing will occur between us because she's not attracted to me anymore.. But our friendship is still beyond a friendshi and I don't think anyone will understand her quite like I do.. I wish she would realize I'm the one.. Help? I know I treated her like and I wish I was given a second chance..! What should I do?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 01:43 PM
    If you want another chance you only can do one thing.

GO AWAY.

She will not respond to you in the current dynamic.

Tell her this isn't working for you and cut ALL contact. The only way to raise your stock. Really.
    The FRIEND ZONE is where girls want all their Ex's... Until they realize the guy has moved on or isn't interested in such things.
    Tough luck I Know... But she has been honest with you. Now, be honest with her. This doesn't work for you.

How old are you?

How long did you go out?

Are you her best friend?

Peace
    Zell Posts: 57, Reputation: 6

Sep 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    The FRIEND ZONE is where girls want all their Ex's...Until they realize the guy has moved on or isn't interested in such things.
    Its so true, dude don't let her play with you like this, no one deserves to be treated as a back up. Best thing to do is to stop contact with her. She might just reilise what she's lost. But don't get your hopes up.
    Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 04:57 PM
    She wants nothing do with me anymore amd our relationship became a great friendship..
    You had a good time, and now its over. Accept this and move on.

Sep 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
    I Have Been Going Out With Her For 5 Months And We Are Best Friends... she Went Out With Some Other Guy After Me For 2 1/2 Months And I Think She Fell For Him.. it's So Difficult To Cut Contact Because We Have A Lot Of The Same Friends And It Would Be Impossible... I Think I Will Not Respond Some Her Calls?
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Sep 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
    You can still ahng with friends but no longer take her calls just don't answer it's that simple if she calls late at night don't answer you no longer have a responsibility to her so just ignore her when she rings and if she says something telll her you were busy...
    vivia12 Posts: 143, Reputation: 15

Sep 14, 2007, 02:33 PM
    I'm going through the same thing Dev,if you read my post the hardest thing is not letting gthem contact you which is what I'm learning
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Unless you don't care - you must fight your way out of the Friend Zone.

Alpha-males need to be followed. Be nice. Be fair. Be yourself. But... be gone.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Drop her! After a while she will fade into a distant memory. Thatll teach her!

Don't speak to her NO MORE! Block her, don't tell her your doing it, just drop of the face of the earth.
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Sep 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I hate to say it, but what everyone is saying is true. She has you right where she wants you. As long as she knows you are still hanging on, she's got a "backup" (for lack of better word). She knows you will ALWAYS be there no matter what happens, so what is there left to fight for. Why not move on knowing you can always go back. Don't give her that. Tell her you care for her, but you don't want to be just friends. Tell her that a friendship with her is only hurting you because you know it can't be anymore. She will tell you that if you cared you'd wait for her, or that you are ruining any chance for you all to get back together... DON"T LISTEN! Tell her you are going to have to take that risk and walk away! Don't look back or you'll forever be in her shadow and the shadow of the person she chooses to be with. Just keep walking! The only way you can move on and be happy is to do just that, Move On!

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you. I know it's hard, but you have to look out for your best interest. Obviously the pain and heartache she causes isn't love.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
    The others have said it all. Get out of the "Friend zone" and stay out. Even if you have a lot of common friends and acquaintances, keep your interactions with her minimal and strictly for the sake of cordiality and nothing more. Let her see that you've moved on and can have a good time without her in your life.

Sep 15, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Thank you all for your advice... it will be taken into account... I don't call her as much... it's down to a minimal and I will no longer try to get back with her.. she made it clear that we'll never go back together and she sees me only as a friend... but her actions at times shows other wise... I will will just lay low... if you love someone you let it go, if it comes back it's yours, if not... it was never meant to be... =)
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 03:40 PM
    If friendship helps for now keep going... but be careful, you are her safe buddy, and watching her date others may be tough... but if you can do it, more power to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

My love and our "odd" situation; how to fix it and to get my love back? [ 7 Answers ]

We spent everyday together (from grade 9 till our last year in College). We lived next door to each other! Our friendship developed and I accidentally fell in love with him. I told him I loved him after two months of dating (we dated in College) and he said he loved me too. It was a hard...

View more questions Search