Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leftie_42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 12:09 PM
    2001 dodge overheating
    I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and it has been overheating I have changed the water pump it only runs hot if you stop and idle for like 10 minutes but if you are driving it is fine and I was wondering what will cause this I have flused the radiator out and checked hoses and termostast could the radiator be clogging up? Also it has a Code for PCM internal malfunction and they said I need a computer is there anyone who makes a computer for it besides the dodge place?
    aboveall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leftie_42
    I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and it has been overheating i have changed the water pump it only runs hot if you stop and idle for like 10 mins but if you are driveing it is fine and i was wondering what will cause this i have flused the radiator out and checked hoses and termostast could the radiator b clogging up? Also it has a Code for PCM internal malfunction and they said i need a computer is there anyone who makes a computer for it besides the dodge place?
    It sounds like you need to replace the radiator in the truck with a new one. But you could try to have it cleaned at a radiator shop.Also if there was a black guard under your truck and its not there it will make it over heat. The guard is there to force air thur the radiator,if it is missing the fan will pull air from under the truck not through the radiator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Dodge Ram overheating [ 11 Answers ]

?? I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 that recently needed the water pump replaced. After replacement the truck kept overheating. I then took the liberty to replace the thermostat as well. I replaced the fan & clutch assembly as well. As far as hardware is concerned, that leaves only the radiator...

96 Dodge Ram Overheating [ 1 Answers ]

My brother has a 96 Dodge Ram that keeps overheating after going a few miles. He has replaced the thermastate, water pump, and clutch band. The radiator is only a year old. The water levels are fine. There is no blowed head. Why is this truck still running hot?

Dodge pickup overheating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 01 dodge 1500 that overheats when driving in fifth gear and 60 plus mph. I can slow down and it will cool down. I have changed the fan clutch, thermostat, and radiator cap. The coolant is not dirty at all. I just bought pickup and wondering if it has been hot and has blown head gasket. It...

Dodge 3500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 ram 3500 4x4 v.10 and it started to overheat when my heater quit blowing hot air, it still blows cold a/c but no heat. I have flushed my radiator twice replaced all hoses twice replaced thermo's twice and fan clutch once and no luck. Could the trans be making it over heat I noticed...

2001 Dodge Durango overheating [ 3 Answers ]

Auxiliary heating pump went bad. Durango overheated. Had it towed and the pump was replaced. I drove it home and it overheated again. Checked the reservoir and there was no circulation of fluid in reservoir and the fluid in the reservoir was cold! Heater hose from top of radiator was warm to...

View more questions Search