Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandolyn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Abandoned homes
    I live in the Seattle are and see many old, abandoned homes. Does anyone know how I can find out about those homes and how to possibly purchase them?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Go to the county and find out who owns the property and whehter taxes have been paid and by whom.
    SeeSea Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Sep 13, 2007, 02:23 AM
    Why not go to the local real-estate agency, I think they have some resource.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Actually no your local real estate office has no idea, they would want you to sign a buyers contract and pay a fee to them if they arrange the sell of the house to you.

All you have to do is go into two county offices, one where the deed is keep and see who owns it, and if there is a lien on it. Next the tax office and see who is registered as the legal contact to pay the taxes.

That is it, in some areas that info is online, In TN all tax records of property is available online.
    oddmix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Here is your tax map search page. Should give you what you need.

Parcel Viewer Main Page

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to buy abandoned homes [ 12 Answers ]

I know there is a way to buy abandoned homes without negotiating with the owner. As you can imagine, some refrain from sharing their secrets. Anyone have any clues?

Abandond homes [ 2 Answers ]

What are the legal steps to buying a abandoned home. The owner and his family left out in the middle of the night the neighbors told me there has not been anyone on the property in three months. I have tried to contact the family/owners for the last month and two weeks. Now I want to know from a...

Changing homes [ 1 Answers ]

I have had custody of my older boys 20 and 17 almost 18 for all there lives. WE have joint custody, but I have physical custody. My 17 year old who will be a senior this fall and will be 18 in October is going to live with his dad at the end of June. I am totally okay with this. His dad thinks...

Haunted homes [ 2 Answers ]

Is 14 saxon road haunted?

Abandoned Homes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been watching a home in Gardena, California. It has been abandoned for about 10 years. I called the tax assessor's office and they gave me the name of the owner. So I have that which is a good start. I called the city of Gardena to see if they owned the property and they said no. They...

View more questions Search