Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taheaux*girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2005, 11:37 AM
    Full Price Offer
    I found a House & 13 acres listed on Local Real Estate Website for $100,000.00. My husband and I made offer of $100,00.00 through our Real Estate Agent, after he saw the listing on the internet.

They are now saying that this is not the right price. The Real Estate agent is now saying it is house and 6.79 acres for $135,000.00. The ad plainly states house and 13 acres for $100,000.00.

If I made a good faith offer through my realtor for full amount that they were asking, should it be a done deal??

By the way, I am in Louisiana :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2005, 02:42 AM
    Try to forget it.

While you could probably find an attorney to pursue it for you, it would not be an easy case.

They could and probably would claim "honest error" in the internet listing.

Bottom line: It's such a gray area that it would cost you more time and money to pursue it than you probably want to spend.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 29, 2005, 08:59 PM
    Unfortunately it is never a done deal until the contract is fully signed by both the buyer and seller. The seller can refuse to sign for any reason and a mistake in a listing is a very common reason. :(
    bausman Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Jan 20, 2006, 08:17 PM
    You made an offer and they rejected it. It doesn't matter why they rejected it, they just did. There is nothing binding - I wouldn't waste money on a lawyer unless it's a free consult.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2006, 08:28 PM
    You have NO case.

They put an open offer. Meaning they were asking people to put offers in.

You offered 100,000.

They decided, they didn't want your 100,000 but would offer half the lot at 135,000.

It is called a counter offer.

You have NO legal case against them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2006, 09:00 AM
    offer
    You only made an offer, there is no contract until they accept the offer and something of value is given to bind the contract.

In the US, esp in areas of good market values, it is very common for offers to be made higher than the asking price, esp if there are many offers being made.

And the sellers can also change their mind and not sell at all or increase the price anytime unitll a contract is written and signed.

if you watch a lot of the home buying shows on TV you will see a lot of houses selling for more than asking price all the time.

Then after the contact is sold, the price is still negotiated because of items found in the home inspection, by the buyer now trying to get it reduced to cover items found in the home inspection.

If you are trying to buy a home you need to get a real estate profession to be working for you to find you a house, they will know how the buyers have done on previous offers and the such.

Also even if you make a right price offer, the terms of that offer can be a reason not to accept. Sell of another house, finacing issues can all be a reason to deny

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

Offer of compromise,Tax lien [ 3 Answers ]

We have a tax lien against us.We are considering doing a offer of compromise. Once we do that will the tax lien be taken off? Also my husband and his brother are named in a trust.It's not for much,Everything is supposed to be sold and split 3 ways and 1/3 of it going to a church. Will I have to...

Counter Offer [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to cancel a counter offer that has been accepted? If so how should I go about doing it?:confused:

Employment offer letter [ 3 Answers ]

I received an employment offer letter from a company I had interviewed with and at the time, was planning to go to work for them. Things have since changed and I am no longer able to work for them. I was scheduled to start on March 6th and signed the offer letter and returned it to them. There...

View more questions Search