Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    25girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Explorer about:blank
    How can I get rid of about:blank which appears in some of my surfing? For example, when I access my iGoogle, the browser reads 'waiting for about:blank', then the page loads. When I try to print a Google calendar page, I get an empty page with about:blank at the top. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Try purging your cache (Tools>Internet Options>Delete temp internet files).
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 12, 2007, 09:26 AM
    When you downloaded and installed your Google, did you agree to make Google your homepage?

If not, try installing it again, and when it asks to make it your 'default' or 'homepage' answer yes. That should take care of it.

If not, go to Internet options and change the homepage from about blank to Google.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blank Explorer Windows [ 5 Answers ]

I have been having this problem for some time, and cannot figure out what is wrong. While on the internet when clicking on a link that opens another window the window that is opened is blank. No writing, blank. The address doesn't even appear. I ran Ad-aware, and that did not fix the problem. ...

About.blank issue with Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a question, ::) Using Windows 98 SE, when opening up Internet Explorer, the page defaults to "About.Blank". Now I have no idea what is causing it, unless it is Spyware on my PC. I have run many Spyblockers and searchers, but nothing removes that annoying problem, Please if any...

About::blank [ 6 Answers ]

How about a thread dedicated to this homepage change that won't quit, instead of DSO Exploit. I had (maybe still do, hard to tell from all of the threads... ) DSO, I thought that is what was causing my home page to go to about:: blank every time I opened up IE. Does anyone know how to get my own...

View more questions Search