Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4getbutch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Folsom California
    What is the city of Folsom California named for and did the city come before the prison?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Here's a brief history:
    Folsom History - MyFolsom.Com
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Joe Folsom helped get a rail line from the town to Sacramento . He is also noted for collecting the 1st gold from Sutter's mill and sending it to National Institute (now the Smithsonian in Washington, DC) for safe keeping . He was a founding member of The 'Society of California Pioneers'

The prison started 1880 .The town was named for Folsom after he died in 1855 .Before that it was called Granite City .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being Kicked Out - California [ 4 Answers ]

My current roommate, who has the month to month lease with the Landlord is moving out at the end of the month. The landlord came over, and sat down with me, and we discussed my staying in the condo for another 6-7 months. All of the terms were agreed upon, and I would need to find a roommate to...

Anullment in NC, California [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently married in North Carolina for the wrong reasons. I am in the military, stationed here, but a legal resident of California. My new wife is a foreigner, living here. Can I get an anullment in California, even though I was marrried in NC? I know the laws are very strict here. Is there...

California [ 1 Answers ]

Contest Question 1 out of a hundred. I am having a lot of trouble with this one. Thanks for any help. A certain California drive-thru during its almost-90-year span of operation, before a snowstorm in the late sixties put it out of commission... What, where was it... I have tried tunnels,...

View more questions Search