Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Sep 12, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Boyfriend economically bad
    Hello,
    I kind of need to advice or suggestion on what to do in my boyfriend situation-the thing is this, my boyfriend has been passing through a really tough time economically he has been overdraft in the bank many times now and this is because he has a lot of things to pay like for example: school loan, car, insurance for car, some tiny credit cards.. he is now passing through a big situation with his student loan they are telling him that he has to pay now 400 and something every month-its getting really tight for him that he is even thinking about bankrumptcy.. a few weeks ago he was telling me about that he doesn't understand why exactly he is getting overdraft in the bank many times cause he puts enough and then he even told me that he had to ask his grandparents for them to lend him money for gas so we can go cruising around that same night(I didn't know that he was that tight or else I would have told him never mind about the cruising around) he also added that its sometimes hard for him telling me the truth about him being overdraft all the time cause he doesn't want me to think that he is going to be the same way as my ex that was also overdraft and in depts because all of his credit cards- I of course, told him that he was nothing like my ex-then I felt so bad for him and because I love him so much and I am seeing that he is passing through money problems I offered him money.. I told him that I didn't mind giving him some money, cause I am his fiancé and soon to be his wife and we have to help each other-he then told me "no" very firmly and said that leave that till after marriage but not now.. I don't know if by me offering my help was wrong or offensive but it just hurts seeing him in a tough spot.. so then last night he was mostly telling me about the stress he is passing through with the student loan thingy and the many things that he has to pay-again I feel super bad- our 6 month anniversary is this Friday and I bought something special for him but I told him that if he is passing through a lot of money problems not to worry about buying me anything.. I would understand.. I was even thinking about giving him an extra gift and giving him 50 or 100 dollar cash for him but he'll probably feel worst that his girlfriend is giving him money-so he is telling me about all that he is passing through and I wish I somehow could help but I just don't know what to do... please help :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Don't dare give money to someone writing over draft checks, it is like burning money.

He is writing over draft checks because he is writing more checks than there is money, if there is no money in the bank, he just does not write a check, that is very simple to stop. Next he needs to be on a budget, he needs to write down every bill he has to pay every money, then look at his income and figures what gets paid out of each check.

Next bankruptcy will not get rid of a student loan,

Best help, sit down and help him with a budget.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I think my boyfriend has bad karma [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem like a pretty weird question, but I think my boyfriend might have bad karma. He's a nice, good guy but his car keeps getting broken into. This has been going on for about five years. It doesn't matter where we are or what kind of car he is driving, his car has been crashed into while...

Bad bad dogg [ 3 Answers ]

OK,. I don't know what I did.My dog use to be nice,kind and always wanting to be next to me. But know these couple of days he has tried to bite me, and he growls at me when I enter to each room. He also doesn't even want me to carry him. If I do try to carry him he asks like he is going to bite me....

Bad clusters and bad blocks [ 1 Answers ]

When I do the chkdsk on WDC and it says windows replaced the bad clusters Why does Stellar Smart say there's 3 bad blocks? Didn't chkdsk clear it? The PC says no bad sectors

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search