Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bearndecember Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Medication working?
    How long/soon should I see improvement after treating my 9wk beagle for worms? I've given her ,her 3 day dose.
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 12, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Is it an over the counter dewormer or prescribed by your vet? The vet will typically prescribe strongid dewormer that is administered every two weeks. You should be seeing worms shed in her poop. For a day, maybe two or three depending on the severity, until her next dose. I'm not sure what kind of dewormer she is on though so my answer may not help you.

Sep 12, 2007, 09:30 AM
    She's on a dewormer prescribed by her vet. Haven't seen anything though. I watch her poop like a hawk. Lol
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 12, 2007, 09:41 AM
    It's good that you watch her poop. It's pretty gross but especially with young pups, you really have to keep an eye on it, watch for squishy poop or diarrhea, blood in poop, watch for rocks that passed, etc. They seem to get into everything and it's always best to watch what comes out. Anyway, as for the worms, I suggest finishing the medicine then going in for a follow up fecal exam at the vet to be sure she's worm free. She may not be severely infested and that could be why you don't see worms.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Were there signs of worms, or is it a just in case worming? Maybe the best answer would come from the vet. Also, did the directions say anything? I am no help on this since I don't remember worming a puppy. My puppies frequently see a vet that checks stool samples.

Sep 12, 2007, 01:50 PM
    I took her in because she wasn't using he hind legs well. The vet did a fecal exam and found hookworms. She said this was the reason she was walking funny,they were draining her. I hope she gets over this soon I want my puppy back
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 13, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Usually with vet prescribed de-wormings your dog will be worm free within a week... As part of our business (Dog Daycare) we are always watching poop (30-40 times a day) and occasionally a clients dog will have eaten raccoon poop, or cat poop or somehow gotten worms while at home.. The medication our local vet gives keeps them out of the program for about 5 days, aftwards they are clear to return to active daycare and I have never found worm bits in their poop after that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Medication getting in the way? [ 8 Answers ]

I've been taking some anxiety medication and its been really hard for me to reach my peak in bed. Its getting very frustrating to my boyfriend & myself. Usually I enjoy sex more than my boyfriend, and am practically begging for it.. but lately I think I'm just having sex out of habit, I find my...

Qd All medication [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about the medication QD All?

How to get off medication [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out how to taper off Wellbutrin medication.

Medication [ 3 Answers ]

Information about QD ALL which was prescribed for allergies.:D

Medication [ 2 Answers ]

What is chlorpheniramine maleate 12 mg

View more questions Search