Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    studentkid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Under the Radical concept to solve
    I know that under the radical, we can break it down to smaller radicals or simply into whole numbers if it's a perfect square.

But, with this problem::
    radical x^2-1
    is it broken down separately?. if so.. the x^2 would become x, but the -1 cant...

my question is, is this the simplest form it can be or can I simply it even more? If so, how can I simplify it even more?:confused:
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 06:13 AM
    I assume what you mean is this:

and not this:

Is that right? In that case you are correct - there's really nothing more you can do to simplify the expression. If it's the latter that you meant, then what you have is the square root of x squared, so it would be easily simplified as follows:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solve [(86400*n^2)/2^n]<1 solve n [ 3 Answers ]

Could you Please solve this problem <1 solve n

Concept paper [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please mention what a concept paper is? What does it contain? What are the major components? Thank you very much! :D

Trading Triangle Concept [ 1 Answers ]

The trading-triangle concept is used to indicate a nation's: a. Exports, marginal rate of transformation b. Imports, terms of trade, marginal rate of transformation c. Marginal rate of transformation, imports , exports d. Terms of trade, exports, imports

Fluke concept not able to understand [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone read this with patience. V have a 190 kbps cable modem in our office and what I have done is. Using 2 nic cards in one of our system I have shared the internet using internet sharing concept that too after struggling using FREE PROXY as it was timing out daily. So for that reason I...

Bohr's concept of Quanta [ 1 Answers ]

:) Explain Quanta? And does anyone have suggestions on good websites that I can get pictures of bohr atomic models.. like Lithium, Hydrogen atoms. Thank u :) please reply asap

View more questions Search