Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerlady88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Corian warranty on cracks
    My corian countertops is about 7 yrs old. The countertops started to have a long continuous crack. I contacted dupont for warranty coverage & after they inspected my corian, I was given a letter stating that the crack was caused by abuse of excessive heat & use of chemicals and dupont won't repair or replace it.
    Has anybody dealt with the same kind of situation with dupont? Do they warranty cracks on corian countertops. I use the corian with proper care based on their use guidelines.
    heaphy Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlady88
    My corian countertops is about 7 yrs old. The countertops started to have a long continous crack. I contacted dupont for warranty coverage & after they inspected my corian, I was given a letter stating that the crack was caused by abuse of excessive heat & use of chemicals and dupont won't repair or replace it.
    Has anybody dealt with the same kind of situation with dupont? Do they warranty cracks on corian countertops. I use the corian with proper care based on their use guidelines.
    The Corian warranty excludes coverage for damaged caused by excessive heat or certain chemicals. If you are certain that the countertop wasn't damaged by excessive heat or chemicals, then you can appeal the denial. You should respond in writing and request reconsideration.

Portable electric appliances such as crock pots, electric frying pans and deep fat fryers can damage Corian tops. A solid trivet with rubber feet should be used to protect the top. Also, hot pots or roasting pans can damage a Corian top. They should never be placed directly on the countertop.

Corian is an excellent countertop material but it is not indestructible. This kind of damage CAN be repaired. Visit Top Repair - Your Countertops Like New Again. DuPont Corian and Other Brands for more information.

- Jim Heaphy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warranty expense/ warranty liability [ 1 Answers ]

I am really confused with the following problem and do not know where to even start. C Company began operating near the beginning of 2004. During 2004, C Co. sold plasma televisions for $2,000 each, all carrying a two-year warranty against defects. C company's cost for each plasma television was...

Cracks in Garage [ 2 Answers ]

My apologies, the original message was not very helpful. After heavy rainfall, we noticed approximately 1/8" cracks in the floor of the garage. These radiating out from a point near the front center of the garage (away from where cars are parked) and extend to each wall. The cracks appear to be...

Concrete cracks [ 1 Answers ]

I have cracks in a side path I poured at my home. Is it possible for shrinkage cracks to look like settlement cracks? I compacted all the subgrade first, and took every precaution to ensure I did not get settlement cracks, i.e.. Adequate depth to reinforcing and not a slumpy concrete, but I still...

Cracks in Asphalt [ 3 Answers ]

My driveway was asphalt paved about 15 years ago, and never resealed. It is now starting to crack in places, ant hills coming through, etc. Is it too late to use a sealer now, and do I need to call a company to come and put another layer on, or are there available products to seal old driveways...

Cracks in brick [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new homeowner and have a concern about some cracks I have seen in our bricks. We have a split foyer home so the top half of the house is siding and the bottom half is brick. I have noticed that several bricks have a small hairline crack down the middle. The crack is only in an individual...

View more questions Search