Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fa5 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2005, 01:16 PM
    Toro push lawn mower will not start
    My Toro Lawn mower will not start. The starter cord will not pull. Please help! :mad:
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2005, 01:53 PM
    Make sure the handle switch you always have to hold down to start, operates the flywheel brake, if that's broken, no pull, also the pull cord can sometimes jump the pulley under the shroud and jam, otherwise... have you hit anything?
    jess23ga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 08:11 AM
    I have had the same problem but I noticed when I was storing my lawn mower I had it tilted and I think all the oil floods the motor I let it sit flat a few days and it's good. But this time it's not working at all I see oil coming out the air filter so I am hoping I did not really screw up.

My questions is I think there are is either too much oil in mine or when I stored it and had it tilt it all went to the motor is there a way to correct this can I drain it clean it all that good stuff. The lawn mower is about a year old and been ran maybe 10 times.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Fa5, If The Brake Is Operable, Remove The Spark Plug , Pull The Bail Handle Down , Or Up At The Handle Bars, And Try And Pull The Rope, If The Cylinder Has Gas Built Up In It , It Will Come Out, Then You Need To Replace The Spark Plug, Start Engine For About 2 Minutes To Warm It Up, Then Immediately Change The Oil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn mower help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really...

Push Mower Trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to start my mower today and after a couple of pulls on the rope it locked up. I can not pull the rope nor can I turn the blade. Can someone help? Thanks

Lawn mower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 yo Boland 4.5hp push mower. It's the cheapy. I changed the plug and it ran fine, cut the yard. The second cutting, it ran out of gas, I filled it, started it, and after 5 min it cut out and died. I ended up removing the top end cover, and cleaned all the grass and what not out. Put it...

Riding lawn mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have 1/2 acre of lawn and wish to replace an old Craftsman mower. Sears advertises a 17-HP Kohler Pro engine, 42 inch lawn tractor for $1200.00. Is this a good value, and do you recommend Craftsman lawn tractors? Thanks!

View more questions Search