Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 10:03 AM
    I find this encouraging...
    Young Muslims begin dangerous fight for the right to abandon faith - Times Online

"Young Muslims begin dangerous fight for the right to abandon faith."

“Sharia schools say that they will kill the ones who leave Islam. In the West people get threatened, thrown out of their family, beaten up,” Mr Jami said. “In Islam you are born Muslim. You do not even choose to be Muslim. We want that to change, so that people are free to choose who they want to be and what they want to believe in.”

Shouldn't people be free to choose?
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 11, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Indeed they should. Quite encouraging news.
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Sep 11, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Young Muslims begin dangerous fight for the right to abandon faith - Times Online

"Young Muslims begin dangerous fight for the right to abandon faith."

“Sharia schools say that they will kill the ones who leave Islam. In the West people get threatened, thrown out of their family, beaten up,” Mr Jami said. “In Islam you are born Muslim. You do not even choose to be Muslim. We want that to change, so that people are free to choose who they want to be and what they want to believe in.”

Shouldn't people be free to choose?
    Yes you should it will be up to God not man to decide on your final fate.

Most of the Sharia schools are Wahabi sect in origin and I am not sure that they follow the entire Holy Qur'an at times.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 12, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Everyone has the freedom to choose. You are not born into a certain religion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Can't find it [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm asking for help I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place. My mum is trying to find her jewlrey box that has her sentamental jewlrey in it and has turned the house over looking for it. Its making her ill felling sick and lost as they mean so much to her. Please if anyone has the...

How do I find out. [ 3 Answers ]

How would I find out exactly when my conception date was? I don't mean to sound ignorant but I'm four months and I just don't know what is what you know I just need some answers thanks. ...

Us Universities which are encouraging 15 year education [ 1 Answers ]

Hello every one this is pavan here... I have completed my graduation from osmania university now that I want to do my masters from us.. so friends can you just suggest the list of universities which requires only 15 year education...

View more questions Search