Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadeep Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 09:55 AM
    What is successful life?
    Hello!
    Recently,I am thinking about this question.
    Make a lot of money? Enjoy every day with friends?
    To be president;movie star...
    Welcome everyone gives different thinkings.

Thanks
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Success cannot always be measured in material benefits/gains.
    Success to me is sometimes far removed from the materialistic thinking.

Sometimes some parents feel successful when their children achieve dreams with the parents help, although they may not have a dime to their name.

Other times a successful person in business may never be satisfied or feel successful because they are always looking for the next merger or investment.

A president may feel at a loss more than successful as there is little to be done that will please all of the citizens,or for that matter all other countries.

There are also some people who have so many friends,too many to count but when this person feels at his lowest he maybe all alone with no one to help.For him,he would not feel very successful.

Personally for me, I think I will know if I succeeded or not when I die and on the day of judgement.That to me would be complete and true success.

In a worldly sense,
    My successes are when I am able to overcome the daily struggles in life,able to help solve the problems my family faces. When I am able to help my friends in their time of need.
    And I will also see my successes when I see my child/children grow up to become good human beings. And when in old age, to know that I do not have debts owed to any, or that I have lived a purposeful life.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Good question!
    I believe that we can be both "successful" and a successful human being. It can be done by those who understand balanced living and are aggressive time and priority managers. Give yourself time to make your fortune or pursue your dreams, but give yourself time to make yourself a successful life as well.

There are guidance that I've being following to achieve a successful life:

Love People, Use Things.
    People who become "successful" and miss a successful life are those who love things and use people. Be sure to put people as a priority for your life.

Be a giver.Don't expect to be given and don't tend to do things for a return.
    Be someone who gives more than takes. Yes, we all have to take from time to time, but we should take only when we need to and give every time we have a chance to!

Keep a sense of humor.
    People who laugh are a gift to the world. Don't take yourself or your circumstances to seriously. Learn to look on the bright side and see the humor in situations.

Mentor someone.You could simply be an active member to help ppl with their problems.
    Always take the time to mentor someone. I know this firsthand because of the energy a few people put into my life, sometimes just letting me know that they believed in me. This goes a long way and makes the world a better place!

Be a life-long learner.
    I truly believe that we become better people as we learn. Take time throughout your life to grow and learn and become a better person.

Best wishes,

:)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 14, 2007, 09:52 AM
    I believe that a successful life is one in which you are happy without hurting others.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Monthly bills paid, food in the pantry, kids playing outside, steak on the BBQ and a cold drink in hand. That's all I need to feel successful.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Bessie Anderson Stanley said it best (1904) --

What is Success?

He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much; Who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children; Who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; Who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty or failed to express it; Who has left the world better than he found it, Whether an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; Who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had; Whose life was an inspiration; Whose memory a benediction.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 10:09 AM
    I'll go with the above. ^^
    sadeep Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Some people around me think the successful life means get a good job and make lot of money (like BILL GATES),bought a house.
    My teacher told me the successful life means "university diploma".
    According to them advice.I am a failure completely
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadeep
    some people around me think the successful life means get a good job and make lot of money (like BILL GATES),bought a house.
    my teacher told me the successful life means "university diploma".
    according to them advice.i am a failure completely
    Successfulness is a relative term and it changes from person to person.

For some of us to be living a life with enough food,a place to sleep, a home to keep our family safe and enough money to send the kids to school or for medical purposes, makes us feel we are living a good successful life but to an outsider looking in might call it living from paycheck to paycheck.

For me personally,my success would be known to me after I die, then I will know if I have been truly successful.

Sadeep,
    Do not despair because someone else thinks you are not successful.
    Find out what you wish to accomplish in life,set a goal and find ways to accomplish that goal. It could be to get an education,or to get a better job, or even to have a happy secure family in a home of your own,or just to be a person who helps those in need of your assistance.

Getting a good education, should be a priority of life in that it helps us better our lives,as education is what qualifies for most well paying jobs, it has become a neccessity for survival in this fast paced world.
    Education does not necessarily have to be just institutional education,but it could be learning under someone who knows what he is doing as an apprentice.

From what I know not all who have a good education are successful in life,but successful are those who make good use of the education they have.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Hello:

What is a successful life?? Depends on whose measure of success you're using. Me?? I'm going to use Darwin. Therefore, a successful life is one where propagation took place - and I propagated well.

excon
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Sep 16, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Success is Raising successful children!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I really want to be successful in life [ 2 Answers ]

I really want have and good life I'm 18 I just got out of high school I'm going to go to tech college and take up airplane but I want to invest some of my money in stock but I don't know how or where to start I really want to get rich off make some money of this why I'm young I really need some...

What would be more successful? [ 2 Answers ]

If you were to open up a clothing store would you base your products on what you like or what a certain group of people like?

Marrige will be successful [ 7 Answers ]

By what age I will get married and how would be my post marriage life?

Me more successful than my husband [ 2 Answers ]

I am working as an AVP of a call center and my husband is working as a manager in an export house I am more exposed than him... and at times it becomes frustrating to handle the pressure... although he is a very loving and caring husband... but at times I feel that he is drifted away from me and...

Successful Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Successful Marriage A couple had been married for 45 years and had raised a brood of 11 children and were blessed with 22 grandchildren. When asked the secret for staying together all that time, the wife replies, "Many years ago we made a promise to each other: the first one to pack up and...

View more questions Search