Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbm31249 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Ghost files saved in MS-Word 2003
    In Microsoft Word 2003 when I save documents, sometimes another ghost document is also saved under a different name, but when you try to open in has weird boxes, etc. Is there anyway to stop this from happening.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Word needs to creates temp files while processing a file. Normally they are deleted when the file is closed. If not, just manually delete them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing File with Word 2003 (all Office 2003 programs) [ 3 Answers ]

I recently started having problems opening any of my Office 2003 Professional programs. The files seem to open, but an error pops up saying that I'm missing a file named PS561401.cab, and can not open without reinstalling the program. I don't have the installation disks for Office, as this...

Gmail: 1. Sending saved webpage, 2. Select multiple files for attachment. [ 1 Answers ]

1. When a webpage is saved to computer it saves the file plus a folder that the file uses. With OE, both the file and the folder can be selected for emailing, but gmail does not allow the selection of the folder. Is there an easy way to send a saved webpage, so that all elements display...

Restoring saved files [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I backed up some Outlook Express email folders, but the program made me compact them first. I did, and saved them on a backup CD with the file extension dbx. How do I UN-compact them and get them back into Outlook Express where I can read them. excon

CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it. [ 3 Answers ]

I saved a ton of jpegs on a CD-R and I'm unable to access any of the files on the disc. I've been able to get to the files in the past, but some reason, now I can't. I've tried 3 different computers, even a Mac. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search