Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unkkanny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2005, 07:15 AM
    I have a funny problem with my accord
    Ok...

For a while(2 months) I thought I had a fuel pump or main relay problem because of my car not starting. The main reason I was sure about that was because the car never cut off on me at night or in the morning.. only around noon and when its hot. Well, yesterday around 8:00 eastern time it cut off on me. This time I was baffled. So me and my girlfriend are sitting in the car and we are stuck in the middle of a shopping center entrance way trying to start the car. I then noticed something... when I start the car and hold it on the II ignition it doesn't cut off.. as soon as I let it go... it dies. Im sure I know what's wrong but I need one of you experts to tell exactly what's wrong.
    Is it electrical, ignition or gas pump? Or is it everything?

Please help
    badpenny Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2005, 01:08 AM
    Sounds like you may need a new ignition switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Accord Power Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new battery (and tried 2nd one)... Car won't start, won't crank, nada. The dome light comes on (weak) & idiot lights come on when turning ignition - but, again, are weak. Headlights don't come on. Having tried/checked voltage on 2 batteries - I know that there is juice. I've...

Braking problem on 91 Accord [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all... I'm having an intermitant brake problem. Here's the problem, when I step down on the brake pedal - there's very little resistance i.e. the brake pedal easily goes to the floor... I am able to stop but something is wrong there. Again, the problem is intermitant, when I'm...

89 accord starting problem [ 2 Answers ]

I picked up car after having new clutch installed... 20 minutes later car died and wouldn't start... Had car towed back same garage and he claimed Fuel Pump went out, but that he got it going again bt tapping on it... I got the car home and installed a new pump myself (beats the $400 he wanted)......

View more questions Search