Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 11, 2007, 08:29 AM
    New Terror Warning - political humor
    NEW YORK -- A public school teacher was arrested today at JFK International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, the Attorney General said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement.

He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzales said. "They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values.

They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Sep 11, 2007, 08:40 AM
    I don't think posting this so called 'joke' is very humorous at all. Especially with today being 9/11... u should be ashamed of yourself!

Sep 11, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Christy,

I appreciate your opinion, though I do not agree with it. The Jewish people (of which I am one) have survived 3000 years of almost non-stop trauma through their humor. Humor is one of the best survival techniques in existence. When bad stuff happens we mourn and then we laugh. And if today is not a day to celebrate life and remember the honored dead with humor, I don't know what is.

Elliot
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    NEW YORK -- A public school teacher was arrested today at JFK International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, the Attorney General said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement.

He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzales said. "They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values.

They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.
    Elliot-

LOL! I just got back from the doctor, where the vampire had to draw blood for the once a year cholesterol panel test. Afterward my wife sprung an unexpected shopping spree expense on me. Humor is like Jewish chicken soup for the soul. That helped. :)

Thanks,
    Bobby
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 06:36 PM
    The even funnier thing is that I wouldn't put this past Gonzales! LOL!
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 12, 2007, 01:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by christy9800
    I don't think posting this so called 'joke' is very humorous at all. Especially with today being 9/11...u should b ashamed of urself!
    I think you should be ashamed of yourself too ETWolverine... for posting such a poor joke! Ha ha ha! ;)

Only kidding fella, good joke and good on you for standing up for yourself!

Come of christy, I know 9/11 is a day of reflection for a lot of people but are you seriously saying that no-one should crack a smile all day? Behave!
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Hi ET

Part of the great International Jewish Conspiracy?
    gallivant_fellow Posts: 157, Reputation: 31

Sep 15, 2007, 08:30 PM
    That's a good one! I'm definitely going to show this to some people.

Sep 17, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    Hi ET

Part of the great International Jewish Conspiracy?
    DC, do you mean the conspiracy to raise the prices of kosher meat, the prices of lulav and etrog (palm and citron used during the sukkot holiday) and the prices of High Holiday seating tickets at synagogues to such levels as to create complete and widespread poverty in the American Jewish community? Have you seen the price of Matzoh before Passover? I know that Matzoh is called the "Bread of Affliction" or "Poor Man's Bread", but I didn't know it was supposed to actually MAKE US poor. Forget the oil companies and drug companies... the matzoh companies are the ones charging crazy prices for what is essentially just flour and water. It's a conspiracy, I tell you...

Elliot
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Of course if we were looking for a joke in bad taste ;here it is

Madonna: I'm an 'Ambassador for Judaism'
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    DC, do you mean the conspiracy to raise the prices of kosher meat, the prices of lulav and etrog (palm and citron used during the sukkot holiday) and the prices of High Holiday seating tickets at synagogues to such levels as to create complete and widespread poverty in the American Jewish community? Have you seen the price of Matzoh before Passover? I know that Matzoh is called the "Bread of Affliction" or "Poor Man's Bread", but I didn't know it was supposed to actually MAKE US poor. Forget the oil companies and drug companies... the matzoh companies are the ones charging crazy prices for what is essentially just flour and water. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya...

Elliot
    No, the conspiracy to save the lives of all the Jews... it’s a conspiracy I tell ya:D
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Sep 17, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Oh I think we all need a good laugh now and then, and we need to pull the sticks out of some people's tuckas's! Did I spell that right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Political Science [ 1 Answers ]

What does electoral vote mean?

Is political correctness what it used to be? [ 5 Answers ]

Have we outgrown political correctness, or is it still with us? I get confusing readings from the media on this one. I remember that once upon a time, political correctness was being promoted because many people believe that removing hate speech from public dialogues woud keep the hate from...

Several years Living in terror [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbors children are calling me all sort of abusive names including "trick" and "whore" through the walls of my home. Is this considered sexual harassment? They also throw trash all over my drive way and cause a lot of raquet hanging out near my door which is directly next to theirs and call...

Political parties [ 3 Answers ]

How do political parties influence the selection of canidates running for election at the state and local level?

Daschund terror [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 1/2 year old male dashund who I got when he was about 1 year old. He has a lot of aggressive issues and we think he was abused before we got him. When I walk him he goes crazy at the sight of other dogs, runners, bikers, big trucks... I can control this behavior most of the time but some...

View more questions Search