Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Moving to An Apartment With Nothing!
    Hello!

My boyfriend and I are moving in together and I can't be more excited.

But... We have Nothing! Execpt a bed lol.

We have very little money to spend.

We wanted to know a cheap place to get furniture?

Any advice guys?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 08:26 AM
    I got all my original furniture from places like goodwill, and the center for the blind thrift store, yard sales and what not. No one has nice furniture starting, we all live off "recycled" stuff at the beginning... We used a card table as our dining room table, slept on a matress on the floor, and used the good will couches and nothing matched, but it all worked until we could upgrade... lol. Good luck!
    LadeeNic Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 08:09 PM
    My boyfriend and I are currently in the same situation. Except all we have is a futon. What we are doing is asking our relatives for any additional furniture/dishes they don't need in their homes to build up our apartment. So far all we got is plants... a wall mirror... lots of silverware and dishes/pots/pans. I'm sure we will have everything we need.

So once again- GO TO FAMILY
    Also, be creative and work with used things that are not in the best condition but workable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New apartment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm going to move in to a new studio (one room apartment) in couple of months and I really want To make it look good witout using a lot of money. I've looked at some examples in magazines and I Wonder if I should decorate my room in an extreme Fancy way that I like (such as leopard...

Apartment A/C [ 11 Answers ]

I live in an upstairs apartment in Houston. My a/c is not cooling off the apartment. If cools off at night, but increases throughout the day, beginning around 10 am. I have all blinds closed, a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and an oscillating fan in the living room. I have not been running the...

Apartment lease [ 1 Answers ]

I have lived at my residence in which I share an apartment, My roommate has been on a lease here for over 25years. I moved in around seven years ago. For reasons not important she wants me to leave... I said I was put on the lease or had a supplemental lease in my name... She said I don't... How...

What is my apartment wired for? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought an apartment, and the wiring has a 70 amp double pole main breaker. I currently have 2 hots, 1 red, 1 black. Do I have 70 amps per phase, or 70 amps total? I believe it is wired with 3 or 4 gauge wire. For example, if I run 50 amps on phase 1 and 50 amps on phase...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search