Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlsremodeling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Correct bid for contract work
    I was wondering what the correct bid for a painting contract. Total of 7 rooms , that's including all bathrooms and kitchen. The home is approximentley 1,000 sq. ft. so if you don't mind I would like to hear what you think is a fair bid on this job.

Thank you, DLS Remodeling
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Around where I live, the going rate is about .70 cents a square foot for two coats. This would be for surfaces that are perfectly flat. If there is any texture on the walls or the ceilings, then the labor cost would be a little more. The going rate around where I live for doing trim is around $1.20 per linear foot. Neither cost would include the cost of the paint nor a primer coat if it is necessary. If there are any textured surfaces, then it will take more paint than if you were painting something that is perfectly flat.

It would be helpful in knowing where you will be doing the work in order to provide the best answer for you. It could be that the going rates for painting around where you will be working may be available online and much different than the prices that I have given to you.

1,000 sq. ft. x .70 cents = $700.00. Generally, you will get around 350 to 375 square feet of coverage per gallon of paint if the surface is perfectly flat. But, you need to check the cans of paint for what the manufacturer says is the coverage.
    Knot Hole Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Sep 12, 2007, 01:59 AM
    inject some math > a 1,000 sq.ft home... that is floor the area... a 10'x12' room w/8'walls contains 470 sq.ft. of paintable surface (4 walls & ceiling). With estimates it is usually best to get 3 to find an average cost. Do not base your decision only on cost. Qualify the workmanship; get references. Materials vary greatly. I find it best to specify the materials and process; better to do this before the work is done to avoid a surprise while the work is underway. Knot Hole

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

How does a contract for deed work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been reading some of the posts and was wondering if someone could explain this "Contract for Deed" when selling a house. Thank you.

Which bid seems better? [ 6 Answers ]

Here are bids I received from two different contractors. I'm interested in anyone's opinion. Here's the house: Two story 4,000 square feet - 1,500 upstairs, 2,500 downstairs. Southern California (Orange County) Old 30 year-old Carrier split system needs to be replaced along with 8 new ducts...

View more questions Search