Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    livy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Is it him or me
    My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 years and living together for over a year and a half. A few weeks ago I found out he was using dating sites, the only truth on these profiles was his name, he claimed he thought they were friendship sites that a friend in work told him this( of course I didn't buy it)so he told me he wanted to pretend to be someone else! I let this go and thought that the end of that, then last week he told me he confused about our future that his heart is telling him I the one but his head saying he not ready to settle down, I gave him time to think and he choose to stay with me so I let it go. Then last night I was out celebrating getting a promotion and when I decided it was time for me to go home he started a fight with me saying I ruined his night and I should stay out so he could if I went home ruined he did to, which then turned into him never been let out. I kindly reminded him he goes out 4-5 times a month without me and I have gone out 4 times in 2 yrs without him as he starts fights with me but he doesn't see it as unfair. Nor does he see it unfair that I do all the cooking and cleaning in our house even on my days off and he doesn't as he works to hard all day to do anything and his days of are apparently for him to sleep and relax.

This morning he started saying I always throwing my wages in his face. Before this promotion I earned 25,000 a year and him doing the same job with a different company earned 19,000 not my fault and I do work 10 more hours a week than him and I do work weekends not my fault. The only time I talk about money to him is when I talk about savings I have a large savings account he has none and I have been trying to get him to open one. And he saying it not right for me to spend so much on gifts for him when I know he can't spend the same on me but I think it's the thought that counts not the price tags!

I am 21 years of age and he is 23 I really do love him but I don't know what I keep doing to make him act this way or is it just him? I really want to suggest we see a counsellor but would it be worth the money or should I cut my loses
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:07 AM
    You didn't do anything wrong! He is just an immature person, guys are not ready to settle down until later.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Your both young, but he acts like a 15 year old, and how come you can save and he can't. Sorry this relationship is to unequal right now, and just wondering if you two are on the same page about anything. Do you talk or just live together and go to work? Can you say anything really good about him? Loving him doesn't count.
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Sep 11, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Keep in mind, these small fights that come out of nowhere are usually a sign of a bigger problem that someone is too scared to bring up.
    livy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 03:09 AM
    He is a really decent guy and we do have our good times but I think it time for a long chat and
    Time to decide if I should move on. Thanks for the advice everyone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search