Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StacyP2006 Posts: 36, Reputation: 8

Sep 10, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Teddy Ruxpin.
    As a kid I used to watch a teddy ruxpin movie all the time but I could swear that it was NOT animated. However, I've been searching online and cannot find anything that indicates that there was indeed a movie of teddy ruxpin that was NOT animated.

I remember there being a map that they had to follow and possibly a hot air balloon although that one I maybe mixing up with another movie. There was a map though if that helps any.

Does anyone else recall this or is there any information I can get on this?
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Sep 11, 2007, 11:45 AM
    I can help! I used to have a Teddy Ruxpin when I was growing up! There was a TV show called "The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin" that WAS animated, and that ran from 87 to 88. There's nothing I know of involving T.R. that wasn't animated, at least not tv-wise, so there probably wasn't anything made like that. The first 2 volumes of "The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin" are out now--not sure where to find them--and the others aren't going to be out for awhile. Hope this helps some!
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Sep 11, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Also, you are right about the hot air balloon... that's how they got around when they were looking for the Treasure of Grundo.
    stellar_kar Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Sep 13, 2007, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StacyP2006
    As a kid i used to watch a teddy ruxpin movie all the time but i could swear that it was NOT animated. however, i've been searching online and cannot find anything that indicates that there was indeed a movie of teddy ruxpin that was NOT animated.

i remember there being a map that they had to follow and possibly a hot air balloon although that one i maybe mixing up with another movie. there was a map though if that helps any.

does anyone else recall this or is there any information i can get on this?
    I had the doll with a tape so you would put in the cassette and he would talk along, and later they came out with a VHS and it wasn't animated so you're not crazy, I think I still have it somewhere, but I don't recall the name off hand. But it does exist! There was a little blonde girl with glasses in it!
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 14, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Can I just point out that the doll was actually made first and the cartoon was then made on the back of it's success, thus it would make sense that the videos that came with the doll would not be animated!

Oh, and that I knew one of the animators who made the cartoon with Jim Henson! Check me out name-dropping! Ha ha!
    kadee7 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 10:20 PM

I too recall watching teddy ruxpin and it was NOT animated. I know this for sure because I recall watching teddy's eyes blink. There is something out there that isn't animated, because that's all I ever saw of teddy ruxpin.
    mnartgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 10:17 PM
    You can find it on YouTube just type in live action Teddy Ruxpin there is only the pilot episode it was a trial. But turned out to be too expensive.
    Tetraforce Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 05:35 PM
    In 1986 AlchemyII produced a live-action TV pilot for a Teddy Ruxpin series that never materialized. When production on the animated series began, AlchemyII released the pilot to ABC for a "Movie of the Week" style showing to help advertise both the talking toy and the upcoming TV show. A couple of different distributors released it on VHS in the late 1980's as well and a few copies float around Ebay from time to time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teddy with wings ? 80s [ 1 Answers ]

Doing a quiz about toys from 70s,80s & 90s and am stuck on a small bear that looks a lot like a care bear but smaller and has wings and antennae, also the correct name for cabbage patch dolls:confused:

View more questions Search