Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falcosmith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Honda Civic starting-spark plug short out?
    1995 Honda Civic was starting and running fine. I changed spark plugs, but inadvertently left one plug wire unhooked on top of engine. I started the car. It ran for a few seconds then shut down. Now it won't start again. It cranks, but won't start. I've checked fuses, but all are okay. Did I short out some system component?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 09:18 PM
    . Did you check all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter?

. Check for spark at each plug.

. Does the Check Engine Light come on and go off after 2 seconds, when the ignition switch is turned to ON?

. During this 2 second interval, do you hear the fuel pump run?

. Do you hear the main relay click?

If all of the above checks out, I would remove the Ignition Control Module and coil from the distributor and have them tested for free at AutoZone. It's easy to ruin a coil from what you did.
    falcosmith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 03:06 PM
    The problem turned out to be the ignition coil. The advice provided by txgreasemonkey was right on. Thank you VERY much. This saved my much time and frustration. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 Honda Accord - oil in spark plug holes [ 2 Answers ]

I have 94 accord with 185K. I am changing the plugs and have oil in #2 and 3 spark plug holes. Should there have been orings or gaskets changed during a recent Timing belt change I had done at the dealer? Timing belt change was doen within the last 10000 miles

NO spark 92 Honda Civic LX [ 1 Answers ]

92 honda civic cranks this. Router turns no spark replaced this. Cap and router and in moud in this. What should I LOOK FOR

Autolite Spark Plug destroys Honda V6 3.0 [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed Autolite spark plugs into a 2003 Honda accord. After installing, car began to randomly misfire. After driving car 35 miles, car blew 3 back side piston rings and catalyst converters. My $10 plugs are costing me $8700. Would the Autolite plugs be too hot or simply a...

Honda civic - no spark [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 civic is cranking but not starting, and upon inspection it isn't getting any spark. Any ideas where to look?

90 honda civic no spark [ 4 Answers ]

My 90 civic has no spark believe it is the ignition ignitor but my ECU tells me it is the fuel injection system(code 16). I tested the main relay, ignition coil(both good), and replaced the rotor and cap. Still no spark, so reading other posts I believe it to be the ignitor. But the ECU thing is...

View more questions Search