Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tekeyah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Amoeba ingestion
    How do Large particles enter the Amoeba? By what process?
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Sep 16, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Very simple
    Only if you see the topic of endocytosis in a Biology book you will find it completely over there.
    First of all there has to be some chemotactic signal generated by the food particles, for this you have to study completely about amoebic stimulationand there nervous system that comprises of a network only not a true nervous system.

Well talking about the ENDOCYTOSIS.endo means inside and cyto means cell... now since amoeba is a unicelular organism u can take as a single cell. It geos towards the food particles.engoulfs it by making a entire circle around it and then slwoly secreting digestive juices(hydrolytic enzymes majorly) and the food particle goes sofetr and gets inside the amoeba and finally further procesing takes place pleading to complete digestion and then excreting only about 2 to 10 % of what it origianlly had eaten.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amoeba ingestion [ 6 Answers ]

How does an amoeba ingest?

Entering Canada with a Class 1 Misdamenor ingestion [ 1 Answers ]

I am pregnant with twins, I am canadian and the father is american. Can he enter canada with a class 1 misdamenor ingestion, I have read all the web sites and it never says anything about a misdemeanor ingestion. Please help soon babies will be here in 4 weeks.

Amoeba is hard [ 1 Answers ]

What is the response of amoeba?

View more questions Search