Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vikramsesha Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2005, 11:05 PM
    Shaving problem
    When I shave the hair that grows back over my toplip and neck is reallly hard and pokie, and when I kiss ma chicks it hurts dem like mad.and my neck has a lot of acne or boils and shaving voer them even with a mach 3 or a sensor blade bleeds them all.pls advise
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 17, 2005, 04:35 AM
    I worked for a dermatologist for a few years, and what we did for patients with your problem and ingrown hairs is to pull them out with a tweezer. It hurts a little and takes a while, but it works and the hair stays away longer. You could also use creams like Nair. All these take time, but what is solving the problem worth to you. Check with a dermatologist too - there might be new procedures that are easier now. Good luck.
    kinekon18 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2005, 09:24 AM
    Male?
    Are you male? I'd suggest using a needle and pulling the ingrown hairs out then using a groomer to cut them low (do not shave the area!)

You need to leave the skin to heal, if you continue tweezing the hairs out or shaving you'll only add to the problem.
    Once the irritation has died down your skin will be in much better condition, keep the hair down to a designer stubble.
    If you want no hair there then you should try epilight.
    http://www.hairfree.co.uk/epilight.htm

If your female then I'd suggest using an epilator then applying vaniqa:
    http://www.vaniqa.com

http://www.shytobuy.co.uk/index.cfm?...TOKEN=56146043

http://www.itsablackthang.com/razorbumptreatment.htm

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic354.htm
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Sep 17, 2005, 09:51 AM
    vikramesha
    Yeow! Yes plucking is one way but it invites infection. To get rid of the acne that comes with shaving, exfoliate. St Ives apricot scrub is a good one for all skin types they have a sesitive and normal. And rub around on neck arms legs face even pubic area (careful in here) after shaving wherever you shave this has to be done. Especially if you get these bumps or have curly hair.
    Boils and larger acne sites are caused from picking and trying to pluck. Its called infection. To help with infection, to prevent, infection. When you are done showering or washing face or body area after using exfloliant towell dry off. And use neosporin on shaved area. It will prevent infection and we all know how healing it is and prevents scarring.
    I swear by neosporin after I wax any one at work on brows you name it rather than use the products meant to cool or to soothe. To cool and soothe after wax immediately put open pal of hand or finger( depending on size of area) on the area you just waxed. There is a chemical in our bodies that is released through the palms only that take out the sting immediately. Then apply the neosporin. Then when you shower or wash the next time exfoliate. Do not do this as you are shaving like immediately afterwards. Next time you shower or wash your face then exfoliate. You will see a huge improvement. Peace ranieri
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Sep 17, 2005, 09:55 AM
    vikreramsesha
    Oh yeah about the tough whiskers thing. All you can do about this is use moisturizer to help soften and shave every day. The electric razors do not take the hair off below the surface of the skin. Much like the buffer thing it can only remove what it can reach.
    But if you use a razor bic or a metal one whatever it removes the hair just below the surface and give give you a longer whisker free time. Peace ranieri

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving a cat [ 11 Answers ]

We get our cat shaved a couple time's a year.I would like to try shaving him myself.We take him to get him shaved and I have never seen him being shaved.He is a really mellow cat so I am pretty sure he should not be to big of a problem to shave. It is kind of a hassle to take him to get it done...

Shaving rash [ 4 Answers ]

Im a male and I shave my chest, stomach, and lower back. Every time I shave I get this weird rash. I don't think its razor burn, or ingrown hair because its not sore or anything. Its just these little bumps I get on the left and right side of my stomach up to the lower portion of my nipples and as...

Shaving advice [ 2 Answers ]

Hy! I'm almost 17 years old... I began shaving about 2 years ago. My main problem is that I have short, soft hairs on my face, from very close to my nose to around the area underneath my eyes... My question is if I have to shave those hairs too or what?. I haven't heard of anyone shaving that...

About shaving [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, l want to get thicker beard. But should l shave everyday with blade? And also how many months should l shave and stop and let the beard grow?

Shaving tip [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, l have advised that shaving will help hair to grow more, and l want to get a goatee. L am struggling to get rid of the hair on the side of the mouth which makes a line coming down to make a proper goatee. So can you advise me on how to shave it off proper with blade? Also how many months...

View more questions Search