Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosco33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Puppy diarrhea
    I did not see a section for pets so I thought it would be okay to ask my question under "people medical conditions". My dog is 6 months old and he has had diarrhea and mucous covered stool off and on for about 3 months now. We have taken him to the vet 3 times and the first time it was Giardia, the second and third time a virus. No one seems to be able to figure out what's wrong with him and we've already spent over 1,000 trying to figure it out. Please help me try to figure out what's wrong with Rosco.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 05:56 AM
    I have asked that your question be moved to the Dog Forum.

I am sorry your pup seems to be experiencing chronic problems and the vet isn't able to resolve it. Sometimes, when we buy our pups, they host many illnesses that take a while to resolve. Then again, he could be recontracting these illnesses. I know you have spent a lot of money, but that puppy needs relief. We can't possibly correctly diagnose his problem online without examining him. Giardia can be stubborn, so can many parasites & viruses. Is your pup being exposed to many dogs that you don't know the health of? Are you taking him for trips to a pet store or walking around in areas that you don't know who or what has been there? Does he eat other animals droppings? Is he chewing on everything in site? He could be picking up anything. If you don't feel that your vet has gotten to the bottom of the problem properly, then it is time to switch vets. Whatever is going on with your dog, he needs to be diagnosed & treated by a professional. Please post back and let us know how he is doing.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Well put. Nothing for me to add.
    hammieslife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosco33
    I did not see a section for pets so I thought it would be okay to ask my question under "people medical conditions". My dog is 6 months old and he has had diarrhea and mucous covered stool off and on for about 3 months now. We have taken him to the vet 3 times and the first time it was Giardia, the second and third time a virus. No one seems to be able to figure out what's wrong with him and we've already spent over 1,000 trying to figure it out. Please help me try to figure out what's wrong with Rosco.
    My puppy also has "PROBLEMS" what I recommend you do is to get him some medicine for the diarrea. Sometimes my puppy does it cause he is stressed depressed and wanting attention. I think you should play with him a lot. A few hours a day isn't enough.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 14, 2007, 05:26 AM
    What is his diet? I have noticed that some soft foods or holistic varieties will give them mucous covered soft stool.. Is he on commercial dry chow? Is he getting enough fiber in his diet to keep his stool firm.. whateve goes in much come out.. I would check diet and if he is eating canned varieties that very well may be the problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog with bloody diarrhea [ 12 Answers ]

My beagle is vomiting, has bloody diarrhea, is drinking water but is not eating. What could be wrong?

Kitten with diarrhea [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old kitten and since we got her 3 days ago she has had constant diarrhea. What can I do. She has had her first shots and is dewormed.

Puppy diarrhea and vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

During the day I leave my 6 month old yorkie in a kennel. Today, when I came home she had diarrhea. Later on in the day she started vomiting. What do I do until I get her to a vet?

Bloody diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I have got a female dalmatian dog whose age is 1year I have left my dog at the care of a friend of mine and when I got it back ,first day it was looking tired and sleepy with loss of appetite On the second day diarrhea and severe vomiting started ,I went to the vet who gave it abroad spectrum...

View more questions Search