Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katekatekate Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 07:51 AM
    views on thongs?
    Hey, I just wondered what everyone's view on thongs and g strings r.

I'm 12 and have been wearing them for about a year and love them. My mummy wasn't too sure about it at first but got used to it. I am worried people will think I'm too young though

How old is everyone else starting to wear thongs etc? And what styles are best? What's your favourite ones?

Kaate.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Bless you sweety heck the fact you wear knickers at all is great in the first place so you prefer to wear a thong what's it got to do with anyone else its about comfort and personal preffernce good for you for standing up for what you like.
    I used to wear thongs all the time until I got pregnant and found them more comfortable after all big knickers just ride up your butt anyway.

Sep 10, 2007, 08:23 AM
    They are definitely commfy but the main thing is they make me feel really cute :-)

I seriously have so many
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Hell that's no problem giggle underwear is a girls best friend ;)

Sep 10, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Hehe yeah. I always just wanted someone to talk to about this kind of thing etc because don't think my friends were them yet to be honest
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 10, 2007, 08:42 AM
    As I understand them, the main purpose of thongs are to eliminate panty lines. I'm just wondering why a 12 yr old girl is wearing pants so tight she has to worry about panty lines.

Sep 10, 2007, 08:45 AM
    I don't think that is the only reason girls wear them.

They just make you look and feel nice.

Sep 10, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Maybe you can explain to me how that make you look and feel nice?

As for looking nice, why would they since they are minimalist. No one sees them (Or should be seeing them at your age) and they are nothing but basic strings where they would be different from any other panty. If you have a nice butt (and again a 12 yr old shouldn't be concerned with that) it can show off that better, but why do you need to.

As to feeling nice. I can't imagine walking around with a string in my crack. Of course I'm a guy, but it still boggles the mind. But I can appreciate how older females might want to eliminate panty lines and would be willing to put up with the discomfort for that.

Sep 10, 2007, 08:58 AM
    I'm 12 not 5.

I'm old enough to want to look good. They look nice to me when I see myself in them. Its not about other people seeing.

You think I should stop then?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 09:02 AM
    I love thongs. They are surprisingly comfortable and I think they are kind of fun to wear (more fun than my "granny panties" :)

Kate you are right nice underwear can make you feel nice. When I was still on the dating scene I always made sure I had on matching undies and bra. Not because I was planning on anyone seeing them (but me), but because they made me feel special, confidant, and like I was in control. Honestly, I can't explain why it made me feel that way. But, it did.

On that note I have to add, it is important that you wear pants that hide the fact that you are wearing a thong... that thong hanging out above the waistband thing... I am not a fan of that.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 09:04 AM
    I hate hate hate them! Give me french knickers any day. Each to their own I suppose.

Sep 10, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Thank you :-)

I feel a bit more comfortable with it now I guess. How old were you when you started wearing them?

Lol mym mummy shouts at me if she sees my thongs above my jeans.it can look OK I think just its trashy if its like right upyour back lol

Sep 10, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katekatekate
    im 12 not 5.

im old enough to want to look good. they look nice to me when i see myself in them. its not about other people seein.

you think i should stop then?
    No I don't think that. I think that people recognize the purpose of things and they aren't perceived as trashy as when they first came out.

I was kind of playing devil's advocate here. I was trying to see if you would say they made you feel sexy. And I do have a problem with a 12 year old that wants to feel sexy. But I think you just like they way they feel and make you feel and that is fine.

Sep 10, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I do feel sexy at times.

But that's nuffin to do with thongs. Just me being a teen.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 09:22 AM
    I believe that I was in my early teens when I started wearing them. I ride horses, and they do not show under my breeches.

I think you should wear whatever you are comfortable with and what your parents agree too (since you are only 12).
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katekatekate
    i do feel sexy at times.

but thats nuffin to do with thongs. just me bein a teen.
    Wait a cotton picking minute 12 isn't a teen, twelveteen?

At least you have good self esteem not enough of that on these boards sometimes.

Sep 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Well maybe not a teen yet but 12 is pretty much there
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Sep 10, 2007, 10:08 AM
    My biggest thong hate is... When a girl bends over and I see that full triangle in the back and I get this terrible image of the rest of the thing. It always seems like a terrible accident, but I have read the texts above and can agree if a thong is used responsibly it can be more of a positive than a negative. LOL, I have seen a few 12 yr old girls flaunt G-strings in the past at the skate park near my home, it makes me a little uncomfortable. Showing off your underwear is common for boys too... Hanging their pants down to their knees but those are usually boxer shorts. If my daughter were twelve I would have to say no to the G-string and then she and her mom would do it behind my back for sure. But I love my daughter and would trust her, this just isn't make up and nails, or even naval exposure. It is very thin underwear being shown when ever you raise your arms or wear low hip jeans that catches the eye of every pervert walking around that is from 11 years old to 90years old. It may not technically be suggestive but it is a fact that they see it and I have a really hard time processing even the notion of allowing my girl @12 to be exposed like that, even to unknowingly entertain the gross minds of many. Please ladies do not send me a long list of disagreements cause I'm a good over protective dad relaying the reasons for why I feel the way I do. Anyway your Mom knows you better than anyone on-here and if she says it's OK by her, than who am I to argue. There are a lot of twelve year old girls on "ask me help desk" that are pregnant and I wish that all they had was a thong problem. Good luck with it all, you seem like you have a great head on your shoulders.

Sep 10, 2007, 10:15 AM
    I gues it does catch the eye. Id be careful not to lead someone into thinking the wrong way about me though.

How old is your daughter then?
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 10:45 AM
    You know what Kate reading your responses is refreshing you are wearing them for you and because they make you more comfortable its personel choice and no one has a right to call you out for that.
    Fair play to you for not biting to some of the bait it shows you are not an average young person like some of the ones we get on here big hugs to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thongs [ 22 Answers ]

Should I start wearing thongs at age 14 almost 15... Most of the girls in my school wear thongs? What should I do?:confused:

Thongs. Briefs. Boxers [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering what do girls like on guys thongs. Boxers. Or briefs

Processing speed advantage by views [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Is there any advantage in processing speed of instructions by using views wrt tables??

Firearms: Views, Truths and Taboos [ 35 Answers ]

What is your view on owning a type of weapon, used solely for the purpose of defending your property, home, collecting, etc *Keep in mind that I emphasize safety first, meaning that proper handling, knowledge, safety, stowing and security of said weapon is an primary MUST.* Personally, yes. I...

Viewing spreadsheets in different views [ 7 Answers ]

I am an intermediate level MS Excel user. I often use my spreadsheet and would like to see different views at the click of a button. By this, lets say I have columns A through Z. I know I can manually MOVE, say columns C, G, L, and P to be the first 4 columns, into position A,B,C,D. And I can...

View more questions Search