Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marilynp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Investments and return
    What is the relationship between risk and return of an investment?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Higher risk investments must have higher returns in order to attract investors. Suppose you can get, say, a 4% return by just putting your money into an FDIC insured account at your bank. This is a very low risk investment, right? Or, you could put your money into a stock that may double in value within a year, but the company could go bankrupt, and you investment is not insured. So this investment is risky. The only reason you would put your money into that stock rather than just putting it in the bank is if you expect to make more money, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investments Deductions [ 6 Answers ]

So, if a taxpayer is considering to make a $30,000 investment in a venture, which may generate immediate tax benfits to the taxpayer, who does not plan to itemize his/her deductions and is in the 33% marginal tax bracket. Now, what would happen if the investment is a type that produces a 40% tax...

Comparing Investments [ 4 Answers ]

I buy fixer houses putting as little as 20% down. I usually put about $40,000 in to fix up, cover finance costs and cover selling costs. My typical interest rate is between 7% - 9% on my loans. Since it is short term, interest rate is not important to me really. I am usually able to net about...

Investments by owners [ 1 Answers ]

If a company has assests of $350,000, liabilities of $130,000, and retained earnings of $180,000, investments by the owners must be? I say $310,000

Taxes on Retirement investments [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse and I are doing some retirement planning and we need to compare the financial difference between drawing out payments from one of the following two investment scenarios. 1. Investing a lump sum $400,000 into a conservative retirement portfolio at age 65 and drawing off the investment...

View more questions Search